No more Mr Nice Guy?

Wolfshook

Is there anybody that has read this book?

Will it be vaste of time to read it?

Since elementary I'd fall into the category of "mr nice guy". Up untill the breakup with my ex and some changes I had to do in order to feel better.

Just today I was thinking about myself and I cant really pinpoint where I'm doing wrong. I learned to say no to people when things are inconvenient for me and I developed my identity. But there are still obviously issues that I have to address,but I just dont know what the issues are, I can only see the results of these issues.

What is primarely bothering me is this inability to find a girl that will both interest me and I will interest her.

So I got myself into thinking, could it be that I'm still "Mr nice guy" and could this book help me?

Honestly haven't read the book. If the idea of it is to step back from the "nice guy" habits of being too available, a doormat, or simultaneously play the role of "girlfriend," then it could be a good read for a lot of guys who find themselves the common denominator. However, if it's one of those "How to be a Grade A Alpha D*ck," then it'd probably be best to avoid if you're looking for more than just poonani.

But, at the same time, while there are things everyone could probably improve on to be more marketable, at some point you can only change so much before you stop being you. If you feel you've taken the steps to not be overly complaisant and are assertive with your own interests and standards, it may just be a string of bad luck.

I instead would find books by Martha Beck or Dr. Phil because I think they're better authorities on the subject. I am not a huge fan of self-help books but I recently read one of those books and while I found 90% of it unhelpful, the 10% I did really resonated with me and triggered some changes that I needed to make. So, I'd look into those authors and see if there are topics that are relevant to you. Good luck!

Any info is good to consider whether you read it and think this is nonsense or this is helpful. The preview doesn't sound too bad:

"Dr. Robert Glover has dubbed the "Nice Guy Syndrome" trying too hard to please others while neglecting one's own needs, thus causing unhappiness and resentfulness. It's no wonder that unfulfilled Nice Guys lash out in frustration at their loved ones, claims Dr. Glover. He explains how they can stop seeking approval and start getting what they want in life, by presenting the information and tools to help them ensure their needs are met, to express their emotions, to have a satisfying sex life, to embrace their masculinity and form meaningful relationships with other men, and to live up to their creative potential."

J.man from what I've read this book isnt that kind of bull. But that's exactly why I asked here about it,because I dont want to vaste my time reading some pua books.

The thing is that I really do want to change, I'm not happy currently and I cannot pinpoint why I am unhappy so I change things in hopes that I will become happier.

Archived