I'm completely obsessed with my ex

Lifeisbutajoke

Please don't judge me too harshly but I really need help. My ex broke up with me 6months ago and I'm still obsessed with him so much that it's making me sick. We were only together a few months but I fell fast and hard and have never been that happy with someone in my life and then he left me one night because he thought I had lied to him. When he broke up with me I blocked him on everything because as I read a lot nc is the only way to go. He started contacting me when I blocked him saying I was heartless and cold because I wouldn't even meet in person to talk about it...but I didn't see the point he dumped me for nothing so what's the point in meeting face to face I feel it would just hurt more. I guess all that's irrelevant but it's been 6 months and he's on my mind 24/7 as soon as I wake up and last think before I go to sleep. I cry every single day since we have broken up (I've broken up with ppl before and not been like this) I've been going to counselling, tried to go on some dates, hang out with friends everything I read to do but he always on my mind no matter what and when I think about him dating other girls I literally feel sick because he could have any girl he could wants and they are sure to be better then me. I'm afraid my mental health is detoirating rapidly and I just don't know what else to do, I really am trying so hard to move on but I'm stuck in this loop and I feel so bad because my mum is so worried about me and I hate making her sad but it's really hard to get through a conversation and not be crying- it's ridiculous. I don't want die but I can't live this way for another 6months. Is there anything I can do to forget about him? Some things I read say the only way is falling in love again and I cannot wait for that to happen, as it might not, I rarely connect with people on a friendship basis let alone love. Any advice would be so welcome or any similiar stories where you overcame it?

I've been dealing with the same thing you are. Crying. Can't stop thinking about my ex., etc.

All I can tell you is to just take it an hour at a time.

And keep positing here and venting. Read some other posts to help you feel less alone.

This pain is awful. All you can do is try to get through each day and don't do things that remind you of him or talk to him at all. That just makes to worse.

I hope you feel better and heal soon. It will take time. Lots of time.

What void did he fill in your life? What's exactly was it that made you so happy to be with him?

How do you feel day to day in general? Sad, happy, fulfilled? Do you have hobbies or activities you love? Friends? Work?

He fillled a void a didn't even know i had, previously in relationships I always used to worry that I could never give anyone what they wanted from me until I met him. I just remember being with him we laughed all of the time and never ran out of things to talk about, he was like hanging out with my best friend but only better. I used to never want to go to sleep because I felt like I was missing out on time with him (even though he was right next to me). Day to day now I feel like I'm going through the motions but nothing really means anything to me anymore, Its like I've lost my lust for life. I work full time, I have hobbies such as drawing and bike riding. I have friends that I can vent too (which I do a lot) and a good support network. I carry on a normal life and most ppl that know me well know I'm not myself but not to the extent I feel. The worst part is waking up in the morning and realising I have to face another day, I thought time was meant to make things better but it feels worse.

Hi try reading this it definitely helped me

We all heal at different rates. Some relationships heal quicker than others. Clearly this one has hit you harder than most. 6 months isn't that long on the grand scale of things. It's taken me over a year on one or two breakups. Some a few weeks, some a few days.

I actually found with me the shorter relationships I had the harder they hit me. With longer relationships you get to know the person relatively well & discover their faults etc

Shorter relationships you are left with a lot of what ifs?

Hi try reading this it definitely

We all heal at different rates. Some relationships heal quicker than others. Clearly this one has hit you harder than most. 6 months isn't that long on the grand scale of things. It's taken me over a year on one or two breakups. Some a few weeks, some a few days.

I actually found with me the shorter relationships I had the harder they hit me. With longer relationships you get to know the person relatively well & discover their faults etc

Shorter relationships you are left with a lot of what ifs?

Thank you I did read that article, I have been good at not contacting him but he keeps contacting (on private numbers) every month me so I guess any contact will

Stop me healing (no matter who makes it).

I'm relieved to hear the shorter ones hit you harder too because everyone is like you weren't together that long you should be well

And truly over it, but I think because we were still in honeymoon phase I didn't get a chance to take him off his pedestal. I think I will

Change my phone number just to be safe incase he does try again I won't have to keep reopening the wound.

He fillled a void a didn't even know i had, previously in relationships I always used to worry that I could never give anyone what they wanted from me until I met him. I just remember being with him we laughed all of the time and never ran out of things to talk about, he was like hanging out with my best friend but only better. I used to never want to go to sleep because I felt like I was missing out on time with him (even though he was right next to me). Day to day now I feel like I'm going through the motions but nothing really means anything to me anymore, Its like I've lost my lust for life. I work full time, I have hobbies such as drawing and bike riding. I have friends that I can vent too (which I do a lot) and a good support network. I carry on a normal life and most ppl that know me well know I'm not myself but not to the extent I feel. The worst part is waking up in the morning and realising I have to face another day, I thought time was meant to make things better but it feels worse.

I know exactly how you feel. Although I don't cry and don't feel upset (more angry as the situation is complex,) I still have the feelings you are saying inside of me. The only thing I can say is keep telling yourself it's for the best because if he could break up so easily now then imagine what he would have done later and your feelings would only have got deeper.

My ex disappeared on me after a few months together and when I took him back, he would pretty much do it every month or so in our relationship for seven years. So once you set the bar with someone, they will treat you like that.

You have to say to yourself, is that what I need and what I deserve?

It's hard but be selfish and put ur own needs first.

You're working and hobbying (I know that isn't a word) and you're getting from one day to the next, that's enough for now and soon the crying will lessen and the sadness will come and go in waves and you will heal. Don't worry I'm waiting for the day I'm indifferent to the situation too so you are not on your own.

And yes mornings are the worst. It hits you as soon as you wake up. But I come on here and read other people's posts then once I'm calm I get up. It will get a little easier that's where I'm at after 10days NC and I changed my number. If I didn't, he'd keep calling and talking me round.

I'm relieved to hear the shorter ones hit you harder too because everyone is like you weren't together that long you should be well

And truly over it, but I think because we were still in honeymoon phase I didn't get a chance to take him off his pedestal.

I think I will

Change my phone number just to be safe incase he does try again I won't have to keep reopening the wound.

Yes I was always told that shorter relationships you should get over quicker which made me feel even worse, thing is like yourself you have them on this fake pedestal.

Definitely change your number.

I know you probably think you'll never get over this however trust me I was exactly the same & thought I was doomed. I can't tell you when though It will happen

& you know the best thing about it is when you are free & yourself again you feel better than you ever did

I'm still obsessed with him so much that it's making me sick. I'm afraid my mental health is detoirating rapidly and I just don't know what else to do,

I was going to strongly recommend therapy, but then saw that you mention you have been going for therapy. How long have you been going for therapy? Whatever it is, clearly it is NOT working. Find someone else, because you clearly need professional help.

Archived