Working out

I started working out a month ago and I'm not noticing any changes to my belly area. I have a personal trainer 2 times a week I also do toning once a week and R.I.P.P.E.D. I have not noticed a difference in belly fat.

I am eating healthier no processed foods at all, I drink lots of water, veggies and fruit protein shakes. I am 5,4" 145lbs which fluctuates to 150 since I started working out.

I work out a total of 4 days a week, I was planning on have some definition in my belly area, I only see some changes in my legs and arms.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why are you trying to pack on the pounds with all these high carb, high sugar shakes? It sounds like you are lacking in hydration and protein and way overdoing the vegan high carb low nutrition stuff. Go online and determine your protein needs and lay of the high calorie shakes.

I'm not doing many fruit smoothies except for vegan chocolate banana.

I would cut way back on the shakes. Eat real food and do your best to choose unprocessed food. Everything in moderation. The very best thing for your diet is plain water, not shakes. Try to double your intake of water if it is less than 6-8 glasses day.

Why are you trying to pack on the pounds with all these high carb, high sugar shakes? It sounds like you are lacking in hydration and protein and way overdoing the vegan high carb low nutrition stuff. Go online and determine your protein needs and lay of the high calorie shakes.

I'm taking in a total of 1,200 calories a day. Drinking 1 gallon and a half of water. I eat lots of grilled fish and chicken breast.

I disagree. Four weeks is enough to see changes if you are eating 1,200 cals and working out.

I am the same height and weight as you and I eat nearly 2000 cals per day and I don't work out.

If I was eating as little as you say you are, I'd have easily lost at least 8 lbs in four weeks.

So, something is wrong. Could you be incorrectly counting calories?

Important question.....After your day of eating 1,200 cals are you hungry? I ask this because 1,200 cal is very little and you would be quite hungry eating this amount of food... If you are not hungry and you feel satisfied I would hazard a guess that you are counting incorrectly and consuming more than you think.

I disagree. Four weeks is enough to see changes if you are eating 1,200 cals and working out.

I am the same height and weight as you and I eat nearly 2000 cals per day and I don't work out.

If I was eating as little as you say you are, I'd have easily lost at least 8 lbs in four weeks.

So, something is wrong. Could you be incorrectly counting calories?

Important question.....After your day of eating 1,200 cals are you hungry? I ask this because 1,200 cal is very little and you would be quite hungry eating this amount of food... If you are not hungry and you feel satisfied I would hazard a guess that you are counting incorrectly and consuming more than you think.

I am usually very hungry or tired at the end of the day.

Archived