Hi Everyone,

I'm in a difficult situation right now. I'm not sure if I should stay at my current job or leave for another one. Currently, I work in job position similar to Data Analytics and I use that information to place orders for several different client companies based on directional criteria. In short, I work in extremely detailed order processing. I have a Bachelors and Masters in Business and IT, so it sounds like a good fit, right? Nope, but I do it because it pays decent for what I need right now. I have been told that the job is simple, but that really depends on the time of person telling. I am the only make among several women. I work in a office setting (of course) and do not get up much because I am always trying to get things done. So, no breathing time to myself, which I admit is partially my own fault of working harder, not smarter.

The thing is, I do not enjoy the work I do, I can definitely say I'm not happy there. I still have no clue what my purpose is other than to follow directions from the people that write them, which often tend to me be wrong. Sounds easy right, so why do I feel slower than the rest of my co-workers at getting things done? The process gets finished, and on time, but at a slower pace for me.

1. I have to be creative on how information is pulled, which I definitely can't rap my head around. The database we use is extremely detailed, and the slightest symbol can mess everything up. Also, there are many processes and rules that I have to remember and am always having to take notes.

2. My biggest issue is that I do not feel confident in my ability to do the job, and it's now 6 months working there. I have not taken a day off, other than what has been given to me and weekends. It's not because I don't understand the job, but rather have become OCD on trying to make sure that everything that I do is correct. However, my work follows me home with me, and is really affect my life and self-confidence. To be honest, I just feeling burnt out.

3. I'm just worried that if I don't leave, I may get fired eventually for asking too many questions or taking too long to get things done. After being unemployed for a while right after college, I needed money and it was one of the first jobs that presented an offer.

On a similar note, I have almost no support system. I'm almost 28, I have no girlfriend, no kids, I still with my parents, and I have built up little work experience except for working in retail and factory work over the last decade.

I'm just not sure what to do anymore or where to turn to find the answers.

Hay comp whiz, I spent 14 years at at job that I didn't like because it made the money I needed. high stress and a lot of headaches, I learned a lot. I can tell your learning a lot in you current job as well. your learning your strengths and where you could use improvement. your a hard worker and there is a lot to be said about that. If you don't like your job, I would search for a new one but a lot of the times it's better to stick to the one you have. after a while you will start to pick up speed when you start being more confident about your abilities. confidents will come in time. Only you can decided to stay or to leave but I will say if your job doesn't make you happy you will not want to say in the long run.

Archived