My ex wants me back but I like someone else!

Emkmills

My ex wants me back. I see him every weekend since he moved when he found out I was pregnant.. My daughter is now 9 months old and isn't his but he won't tell his family he isn't the dad. I was on and off with him for 6 years and that's how I fell pregnant to another guy because he always hurt me and I ended up seeing someone else. He keeps trying to force me to move with him and buy a house together but I think its to late. He's changed in some ways but he's controlling and selfish. I like another guy and think its to late to give my ex another chance. I dont know what to do!

I think you are right not to want to get back with the ex. Not so much for his controlling behaviour or selfishness, but because your relationship was unhealthy. No on-off relationship is healthy, it just causes unnecesary stress on both parties and any sub parties involved (i.e. kids). That you couldn't wait to get into bed with some other guy during one of your breaks would also suggest there is no true feelings there. Defintely do not move in with him or buy a house, as you will just end up splitting it when you eventually break up again anyway.

Why on earth are you seeing this guy every weekend? You already know him well enough to see that there's no future together, for very sound reasons. The time you're spending with him is time you're not investing in your own future and that of your daughter.

What he tells his family about your relationship is his responsibility and his alone. It's nothing to do with you.

If you like another guy, and he likes you, it would be much better to explore that and see where it takes you. It would be an enormous mistake to buy a house and become more committed to someone who you describe as controlling and selfish. The behaviour of these characters also tends to get worse once they feel they've really pinned you down, by the way...

Why do you see him so much? Are you dating someone else? It sounds like you want your ex back.

I see him every weekend since he moved when he found out I was pregnant. I fell pregnant to another guy because he always hurt me and I ended up seeing someone else. He keeps trying to force me to move with him and buy a house together but I think its to late.

Archived