I like a guy at work but i'm not allowed to date him

agirlofasgard

alrighty so i started a new job a few weeks ago and i think that one of our security guards is super super cute. but since i'm a cashier, according to our store's rules, i wouldn't be allowed to date him since he's higher up than me. and the stupid thing is...i don't even know what his name is. the guards don't wear name tags!

i do wanna work on saying hi to him when i can, but he's usually elsewhere doing his guard duties. i don't know how to approach this situation lol. how could i even get his attention? i'm just a random cashier and he's super handsome. halpppp!

Are you not concerned at all about losing your job? How about him losing his job?

Do you even know if he's married or in a relationship?

A friend of mine is (unfortunately) engaging in an affair with a married man at her work. The married man has not lost his job, but he has applied for promotions over and over and keeps getting turned down despite being more than qualified. They also got reported to HR for some PDA they engaged in on company property. His career is dead-ended due to the relationship, and so is hers.

Not sure if this guy is willing to risk his job for the cute woman at work.

Are you not concerned at all about losing your job? How about him losing his job?

Do you even know if he's married or in a relationship?

A friend of mine is (unfortunately) engaging in an affair with a married man at her work. The married man has not lost his job, but he has applied for promotions over and over and keeps getting turned down despite being more than qualified. They also got reported to HR for some PDA they engaged in on company property. His career is dead-ended due to the relationship, and so is hers.

Not sure if this guy is willing to risk his job for the cute woman at work.

well if he is in some kind of relationship already, then obviously i won't proceed. but i only plan to work here for a few months before moving on to a new job. i'm keeping it as professional as possible without crossing any boundaries.

Why would you only be allowed to date IN your department? That seems backwards?

i've analyzed it further, and it basically states that one is not allowed to date someone that they directly supervise, or control their paycheck if i'm not mistaken. based on those facts, i SHOULD be in the clear, right?

i've analyzed it further, and it basically states that one is not allowed to date someone that they directly supervise, or control their paycheck if i'm not mistaken. based on those facts, i SHOULD be in the clear, right?

Yes, that makes a lot more sense. Sounds like you're in the clear to pursue the security guard.

Archived