Why can't I see one person who liked my boyfriend's new profile pic on Facebook?

Ladypeace

Hello.

I am not sure if I am in the right category. Lol

But I wanted to ask if anyone out there knows the answer to my question.

I am quite baffled.

My boyfriend posted a new profile picture on Facebook today and it says 6 people like it. When I click on the names, it shows only 5 people who like it. Should there not be 6 names since it says 6 people liked it?

I am wondering why the name of one person does not show? It says 5 people and 1 other like it. The "1 other" remains a mystery.

What is the reason?

Can anyone help me figure out that mystery?

I am very curious.

Do I trust him? Yes

But....

Stuff like this seems mysterious to me.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So if I ask him to see his likes on his own page, I can see who it was, right?

Likely, it is a MUTUAL friend?

Or can you actually block someone who is NOT your friend?

The profile pic is public.

Not sure why someone would want to block me???

Your insight would really help me out.

If you liked it, you would be the other person.

Do not, under any circumstances, ask to see who "liked" it on your boyfriends phone. It's immature, creepy, and desperate. You should not be paying that much attention to who likes his posts.

I'm female. I have male friends/classmates. Sometimes they post something and I like it. It doesn't mean I want to sleep with them or anything.

So slow your roll. Seriously. You shouldn't be looking so closely.

Could it be someone who has very private settings on their fb? You know the way some people make their accounts unsearchable?

Otherwise, yeah someone has blocked you. And yeah someone can block you even if they're not friends with you

This.

It happens to me lots of times... but I don't think that I have so many people blocking me lol, so from what I see more often than not is someone who has their settings private. Like for instance, there are friends of mine that don't show up on other friend's friends but I know they are facebook friends. It has to do with privacy settings.

I wouldn't bother too much about it.

Anyway, social media is the cancer of relationships.

This.

It happens to me lots of times... but I don't think that I have so many people blocking me lol, so from what I see more often than not is someone who has their settings private. Like for instance, there are friends of mine that don't show up on other friend's friends but I know they are facebook friends. It has to do with privacy settings.

I wouldn't bother too much about it.

Anyway, social media is the cancer of relationships.

\

if you do stuff that OP does then yes.

I am serious about this.

It seems strange to me that somebody has blocked me. HIS girlfriend. And they LIKED his profile picture. And I can't see who they are.

It is very odd to me. It just happened today. Never before either so it's new. Which in itself is weird. Something different is happening.

I have not blocked anyone. That is a fact.

So, somebody must have blocked me.

Therefore, if I am blocked by this person, it means I am unable to see their profile page on FB or even find it in a search, correct? WHY is the question???

I can see all his friends on his list and their profiles.

If I was blocked, I would not be able to see them all.

My guess is it is someone who could be talking to him on FB in private messaging but not be friends with. So, he is carrying on with them behind the scenes while they are blocking their presence to his GF. Liking his pics because they feel they mean something to him.

Makes sense, right?

People do some backhanded stuff , especially nowadays in the age of social media like FB and apps such as Snapchat.

Hi Boltnrun. He has cheated on me once already.

AND he is on Facebook a lot more than he ever was the last little while.

Today I did not hear from him all morning. He usually says good morning and we talk.

This morning I hear nothing but he was on FB. I texted him while he was on it and he said he was watching videos. Then he changed his profile picture 3 times to 3 different pics. Not sure why he is so choosy all of a sudden? Then he uploads a photo of him that I have never even seen when he was camping with his buddies last summer.

Weird is what it is.

So, how is your relationship?

Do you check his phone, his email, you obviously already check his Facebook, do you go through his drawers, his wallet? Do you check his internet history and his search history? Do you live with him? If not, do you drive by his home at odd hours? Do you wonder who it is every time his phone alerts go off?

I've lived that life and trust me, it's a really crappy way to live.

Hi Boltnrun. He has cheated on me once already.

AND he is on Facebook a lot more than he ever was the last little while.

Today I did not hear from him all morning. He usually says good morning and we talk.

This morning I hear nothing but he was on FB. I texted him while he was on it and he said he was watching videos. Then he changed his profile picture 3 times to 3 different pics. Not sure why he is so choosy all of a sudden? Then he uploads a photo of him that I have never even seen when he was camping with his buddies last summer.

Weird is what it is.

Well, like I said above, the same thing will happen with the like list if someone has deactivated their account. Simply get someone else to look at the likes for you from their profile and see if all are visible. If not, then someone most likely deactivated.

That said, if he's cheated before and you feel like things are off right now, then your gut might be telling you something.

It is eating me up inside. I am having a hard time keeping it together. He keeps reassuring me things are fine. That I am the ONE. That there is NOBODY else. Yadda yadda yadda. I WANT to believe him. But I have seen some signs that do not add up. And he has explained them all away.

Don't think I am a nut job, but I even have a tracking app on his phone. He downloaded it for me. He knows he has it and agreed to it.

But it does nothing cause if he wants to go out and cheat, he can just leave the phone with the tracking device on it at home.

Sometimes it shows he is at home for hours and he does not respond to my messages right away or contact me at all. So, how could I not jump to conclusions?

He, of course, has explanations. I was working on something. I left the phone in the car. I had my notifications turned off. I could not hear the notifications going off. I was watching TV.

Archived