I'm confused,my manager he's younger than me and I think I like him

Ashley458

Hi everybody!

I'm posting because I need some advice.

So there's this guy at work who is much younger than me he's 22 and I'm 29 , he's my manager we see each other everyday, last month he asked me for my number,for work purposes, as I have some issues with my cellphone he called me but I couldn't answer ,so I texted him when I could to ask him a question about work,but he told me straight that we have stuff to talk about,I was surprised as I didn't know what he wanted to talk about .

So he asked me about my age ,and when I answered him,he said he was shocked because he couldn't believe I was 29 and thought I was 22/23,then he asked if I was single and have children,I said no ,so I focused the discussion on work , I found this very odd as I didn't expect him to turn the conversation that way .

The day after, I had some schedule issues and didn't have my car ,he proposed me to take me to work,I declined it ,but the next day in the morning I received a text from him telling me that if we weren't coworkers ,'he wish there was something between us',I texted back that I was surprised because he never shown me any signs of interest ,outside of texts,so I was confused.

When we actually saw each other at work,I told him that I was not feeling at ease , to live something with him ,because he's my manager ,and he's younger than me ,he told me that he felt like I was flirting with him by the way that I looked at him but I'd never intended to do it .

The thing is now ,I don't know why but I can't help to think about him.

The fact that he's my manager is not the only reason,why I can't date him but because I have never been in a relationship ,and I 'm still a virgin at my age,and I 'm ashamed of it, I suffered from many abuses when I was younger ,and it really messed up my trust in men.

I still living at my mother's house,and I still not feeling I have my life all figured out,I assumed if he dates and older woman ,he would probably think to be with someone who has more experiences .

By the way, I will finish to work in this company by the end of this month.What should I do about this ? I'm confused I can't stop thinking about him.

In my personal opinion the age difference is nothing. I count you to be 'around the same are'. So I wouldn't worry about that.

So this leaves the worry of him being your manager and your understandable distrust in men. Manager thing will be solved in a month so that's not a problem. You turned him down already so if you want something to happen you need to make the move. Now that you have had time to think about it do you like him? If you do I would tell him that you would like to go out but move slowly. Once you feel comfortable, tell him about virginity and reasons for it As vaguely or extensively that you feel comfortable. If he can't take the truth then he is not worth it.

The questions are illegal and this sounds like sexual harassment. Report him to your HR dept or supervisor.

he asked me about my age

he asked if I was single and have children

he proposed me to take me to work,

'he wish there was something between us'

he told me that he felt like I was flirting with him by the way that I looked at him

My advice, having gotten involved with a manager at work (not my manager, but still high enough up from me to do some serious damage) ages ago is run as fast as you can the other way IF you want to keep your job. And not risk potential blackballing in your profession if this is a full-on profession we're talking and not just a 9-5 job.

Been there, did that, it was an absolute disaster of epic proportions. I will always tell people don't date those you work with, it very, very, very seldom ever ends well for you.

P.S. His remarks to you are sexual harassment and an indication he's looking for a bed buddy. Men who want a full relationship don't trot out the sexual commentary at the very beginning of not even having dated you. Guys and gals looking for hookups do. The fact he's doing this at work likely means he's done it before, got away with it, and will continue to do it until he goes too far and/or picks the wrong woman to trifle with. I would guess the other women he's done this with either avoid him or have been fired/let go/left under trumped up reasons.

Keep him at very arms length, keep HR on speed dial, he starts in with the sexual jokes tell him to knock it off and ice him out. Actually right now do so. If it continues get a lawyer, gather evidence, line up another job. Protect yourself, because he won't. He'll exploit the living crap out of you, been there, did that, trust me you do not want the t-shirt.

Archived