Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I want to end my life so I can "start over"

My passion is foreign languages but I'm not fluent in any language other than English

I like foreign languages but I don't know any very well. I volunteer with the American Red Cross but my depression has been interfering with continuing.

I've been looking into career counseling but I can't find a good one that I can afford. The others in my price range were pretty much just picking careers out of a hat. I'm really into foreign languages but I don't know any.

I'm sorry to hear about your brother. I have joined meetup. There aren't many in my area with my similar interests.

I can't afford anymore education and my student loan debt is too high. I tried joining the military 10 years ago but I was rejected because of permanent back issues.

My degree is in Graphic Design. I've had professors and professionals from companies tell me that Graphic Design may not be right for me and encouraged me to find another career.

Unfortunately, I live across the country in Oregon and can't move anytime time soon. My interest in foreign languages got me thinking about the Peace Corps but I wasn't selected.

How does one go about traveling without any money?

Originally Posted by kaytsky
    My degree is in Graphic Design. I've had professors and professionals from companies tell me that Graphic Design may not be right for me and encouraged me to find another career.
    My college professors were d**ks and said I didn't have what it takes. I work at a facility of a similar field and have been rewarded staff of the month. They were wrong (which I knew all along), so to hell with their opinion.

If you can handle living on your own, I definitely recommend working for the Peace Corps. They pay to send you over. You do not have to know a language to be a member... They will train you during several months. Your student loans WILL get deferred. By the time you are finished, you have more marketability to work for the federal government (I am assuming you are American).

I wish I can do it, but my husband can't come with me and it is a 2 year commitment.

Start looking at foreign language papers. You can make out what they are stating from the headlines you know already. No formal training just interesting.
    Originally Posted by kaytsky
    My passion is foreign languages but I'm not fluent in any language other than English
    French Monde
    Spanish:
    German: [URL="

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice