Someone please give me advice on getting back with my ex

Hi everyone

To cut a long story short... I met and dated a girl over a year ago. We hit it off straight away and made some wonderful memories together in those 3 months we were together. I know it was a short term rship but you know when that person is right for you and I believe we would have been still together to this day if I hadn't broken it off. The thing is I was suffering from depression at the mine I met her and was on prescribed medication. We wasn't all that sexually active as I would have liked.. as the side affects of the medication effected my mood and erections! So I decided to come off the mediation but slowly fell back into my old ways to a point where I needed space and broke it off with her. I left her heart broken and I continued to do my thing. After a few months passed I realised what I had done and tried to win her back with no success.

Now a year on.. I recently got back in contact to wish her a happy birthday. We exchange a few messages and phone calls and it seemed she was interested in me again. She told me that she's dated 3 guys since after we split.. all which have failed and been horrible to her. She's told me I'm the only person that's treated her well in a long time and that she trusts me.

We met up a week ago and it was great to see her. We don't live close to each other anymore as I temporarily moved away from the area. When we met, it felt like we hadn't been apart and we had a good day together and we agreed we would see how things go between us again. We got a bit intimate in the evening which was going to lead to sleeping together... but I stopped it. I must have been mad to stop it!! But I felt under the circumstances I would have preferred to wait until we were back on track and I had a long journey to go home that evening. I didn't want to just sleep with her and then leave.. I wanted to do it where we had longer time together.

A week has past now and it seems she's gone really cold on me. It seems she's lost interest. Her texts aren't very forthcoming and it seems hard to make conversation with her. I really unsure what to do anymore.. I fed up of doing all the chasing and not getting anywhere.

Look forward to hearing from your replies.

Many thanks

Sorry this happened. Have you worked something out with a good doctor to treat the depression without those side effects?

A LDR has it's own challenges add to that the stress of the past issues. Why did you move away? Are you college students?

All you can do is lay back a bit and perhaps discuss meeting again.

made some wonderful memories together in those 3 months. the side affects of the medication effected my mood and erections! ..We met up a week ago and it was great to see her. We don't live close to each other anymore as I temporarily moved away from the area. We got a bit intimate in the evening which was going to lead to sleeping together... but I stopped it.

I think she likes you, but you will have to chase her. You can't just expect her to take you back so easy. She really liked you the first time but you called it quits and she had to deal with the heartache. She might be nervous that as soon as you get back together you will ask for space again. You need to prove to her that you are more committed this time around, and it will likely take longer this time for you to woo her. First, you should make sure that you are wanting to be more committed to her.

Archived