How do i ask a girl i met on a game to be my girlfriend?

SteveMU

So Ive known this girl for a couple years now and we met online on a video game. Over most of this time Ive only chatted with her through text, not so much even personal but recently for the last 5-6 months we've been talking in voice in both group and private chats. and recently the last couple months we've been spending quite a lot of late nights gaming and chatting about each others lives (not too personal but just getting to know each other type stuff) I feel we've gotten real close and shes shown signs that she really enjoys spending time with me like always trying to find games that both of us can play together. Now im wanting to try and push this into something more official (even tho it is online and long distance) i feel a real connection with her. My issue tho is i have no clue how to go about it in an online situation.

(we are both 20 btw)

So my question would be, how do i go about asking a girl out in a situation like this?

First things first. You need to meet in person first. Plan a fun activity and invite her.

Ask her in person if she wants to be your girlfriend.

Good luck.

i guess i forgot to mention this is a long distance thing, so meeting in person will be kind of difficult id say at least until we are really comfortable with eachother. She is about 500 miles away, so far enough i can't just be like "hey this new movie came out, wanna go see it?" but close enough if things worked out we could meet with somewhat ease

hello i m using internet quiete long time ago right now i ended alone because i was always thinking to meet or make new friends online i thought that easy when first time i did join i always wanted to find singles to interact with and build good relationship can you help me to find trust worthy people where to find if i started to think that games can meet real people may be to end up into relationship with one person that worth to dedicate time and also attentions can you tell me the age of the people that still play games ? i think they are under 25 or above ?

i guess i forgot to mention this is a long distance thing, so meeting in person will be kind of difficult id say at least until we are really comfortable with eachother. She is about 500 miles away, so far enough i can't just be like "hey this new movie came out, wanna go see it?" but close enough if things worked out we could meet with somewhat ease

Maybe you want to let us know what you expect to be different in asking her to be your gf considering you have never met and cannot easily . Furthermore what exactly do you mean by if ''things work out'' you could meet... isn't it working out right now?

My opinion, she can be a very good friend to you, but to be your gf you should meet.

Not a movie but something you share and love. Video games. You be like let's meet a video game convention because I want to get to know you.

I have a friend that met a girl playing video game. He flew 2,000 miles to be rejected. She could be your online girlfriend but in real life reject you.

Good luck.

How do you know she really is a girl?

keyword was "most" i stated the last 5-6 months we've been talking in voice, +ive seen her in video chat before

It could get awkward. It's going so well now are you sure you want to blurt that out? What would change if you did?

This is where im stuck. Ive never had interest in anything long distance, especially when it is based only online until now so i have no clue how to deal with it. I don't want to let it sit for very long in hopes that something happens quietly that turns it into something more serious because if she is waiting for me to make the first move or feels i just want a friend then she'll move on and ill miss my chance. Above people keep saying id have to meet her in person first but even tho we are great friends right now i couldn't for the life of me think of a way to suggest driving 500 miles to meet her without it being more awkward than this.

Well thanks for the help everyone, i guess Ima just play it out, continue doing what im doing, and try and work in meeting her this year by inviting her to blizzcon sense we are both big blizzard fans and are both near where itll be anyway. 7 months away but seeing all of your advice, meeting her seems to be a big part and this is the only event i could think of near here that we both have in common.

You don't ask it because you don't know her.

Internet creates this illusion of intimacy and closeness, but before we spend some time with someone and interact with them in person and see how we feel, it's always too soon to decide to have a relationship with them.

By chatting online everyday you can't be 100% sure that she is who she says she is (catfish comes to my mind lol) or if you get along well in real life. I'd say keep talking and flirting but don't build any expectation of more before you interact with her in real life.

• 1 month later...

Archived