Used condom but it broke but on Camila birth control pill.. HELP??

camogirl4life

So I am on the Camilla pill. Its a birth control pill I got from planned parenthood. I have been on it for about a year. I usually take it around the same time daily. If not then at least within a few hours. Like 1-2 hrs difference when I do forgetnon time. Tonight my bf and I used a condom from planned parenthood for sex and it broke but the opening at the tip of his was still covered by the condom. Am I pregnant.

Call up your family practice doctor or nurse/planned parenhood clinic/whatever primary care service operates in your state, explain what happened and ask whether you should get a "morning after pill" (emergency contraception). You can do this within 72 hours of the incident but the sooner the better. Asking random strangers on the internet about such matters is not the best way to go about things. A health professional/health helpline is your best option.

Your chances are very very low of pregnancy. 1-2 hours difference some times is not a big deal on normal birth control pills. There are some pills that need to be taken at a certain time every night with a deviation within 3 hours since the timing needs to be more precise on these brands. If your doctor didn't specify this, you can look up your instructions that come with your pills which indicate more allowance. Usually, they will say if you miss one pill you can 'make it up' as soon as you realise you were late taking it and be relatively fine, protection wise. There are specific senarios in there if you want more info, such as which week you missed the pill and what to do.

Remember, if taken perfectly there is a ~99% efficacy in preventing pregnancy. I would ball park your pattern somewhere above 90%. If you are still worried, take a morning after or plan B pill. I am positive any health advisor will tell you you're fine if you decide to contact one.

If you take your pill religiously as you said, I would say you're not pregnant. Wait for your period and then get a test done if you're almost a week late. Do not stress now.

I took birth control pills for years and never used condoms in my relationships. Just had the pill. No babies here, no pregnancy scares. So don't fret about the broken condom just yet.

Archived