PMS symptoms the week AFTER my period?

Well, being it's been 4 minutes from the first post, I highly doubt any relief is HBC related. Thing about PMS is, bleeding aside, pretty much every other symptom can and does manifest themselves in other conditions.

Could just be coincidental, but you know your body better than any of us. If you're truly concerned, schedule a checkup.

Well, being it's been 4 minutes from the first post, I highly doubt any relief is HBC related. Thing about PMS is, bleeding aside, pretty much every other symptom can and does manifest themselves in other conditions. .

So you're saying it probably has nothing to do with my period, but with some other physical/emotional issue I have? Makes sense; I have been suspecting that my anti-depressant hasn't been working as well as it should be. Still, I am feeling better.

Also what does HBC mean?

There is male PMS. just be coincidental, but you know your body better than any of us. If you're truly concerned, schedule a checkup.

"Irritable male syndrome (IMS) is an annual behavior pattern that has been described in Soay sheep and other mammals with a strictly seasonal breeding pattern and described in a 2002 literature review of animal behavior. IMS is a striking feature in mammals with seasonal breeding patterns; it manifests at the end of the mating season.

Soay sheep mate for five weeks during November and December each year, and give birth five months later in the spring.The rams' testosterone levels soar during the late autumn mating season. In the winter, testosterone levels fall and they stop mating. As their testosterone levels were falling, the rams became more nervous and withdrawn, striking out irrationally.

The term covers symptoms thought to be caused by a drop in testosterone levels in male mammals. Similar behaviors have been observed in red deer, reindeer, and Indian elephants."

We are not physicians. Schedule an appt.

There are hormonal changes on the way in and the way out of your monthly cycle. The effects are greater in some than in others. Research is underway to learn more. To prep for a dr appointment, spend a few months tracking mood, headaches, energy, cramps, soreness. Make a checklist and maybe rate each day 1 to 5, before you go to bed.

Also track food: alcohol, processed sugar, simple carbohydrates such as white bread, chocolate, red meat, spinach... maybe, use a "diet" app like My Fitness Pal or Lose It. Hormonal changes can be made more pronounced when we are low in iron, high in sugar.

• 2 weeks later...
There are hormonal changes on the way in and the way out of your monthly cycle.

Definitely.

Also, here is an update: This week I feel very much back to normal. (Basically, my PMS came early and left early.) I stop this month's pills this coming Sunday, the 16th. I think I will schedule a doctor's appointment to get some feedback about why this occurred. (OK, OK....I dunno what she'd be able to tell me, aside from maybe my hormones were out of whack this month. But my question is why?)

You strike me as a bit paranoid. Have you ever turned off the music in your car when you're driving? All of a sudden you hear crazy things you've never heard before. It's easy to convince yourself there's a problem.

A problem won't manifest itself in 4 minutes and resolve. Try and remain aware of that. write down all the questions you have when you see a Dr but don't over analyze every thing you feel. Literally you could have eaten something weird that made you feel off.

You strike me as a bit paranoid. Have you ever turned off the music in your car when you're driving? All of a sudden you hear crazy things you've never heard before. It's easy to convince yourself there's a problem.

A problem won't manifest itself in 4 minutes and resolve. Try and remain aware of that. write down all the questions you have when you see a Dr but don't over analyze every thing you feel. Literally you could have eaten something weird that made you feel off.

The symptoms were typical PMS/period symptoms during the "wrong" time of the month. Not fun or comforting. You probably don't know this, but I'm autistic. I don't take to changes well.

Again, PMS symptoms are small. Irritability, bloating, cravings? Yes?

Stress can do that, changing diets can...

It could be something, but I doubt it's anything. Every headache isn't brain cancer - in fact, very few are. Don't attribute all symptoms to problems right away, it's a stressful way to live

Archived