16 years

pienene07

Hey .

Me and my boyfriend have 16 year gap between us me 24 and he is 40

I have been true a lot and I'm not like usual girls at 24.

We were together for a year and then I did start to think about future, kids , and being alone again when he will be Gone 🙏Because of the pressure in my mind I decided to move out and have some thinking time. He is diabetic as well so the future might be very unknown. I do love him but I'm not sure if this is right and if I will be happy after 10 year still with him. At this moment I'm blocking all my feelings for him because I don't want to open up any more if there is no future.Will he make me happy , will he want the same things? He is fighting a lot for this relationship and he don't want to let go but it just makes everything harder,i just can't do anything. One day I feel okay everything is going to be fine I will try to forget the age gap but next day I know that it will never work. He makes me very depressed because I know how sad he feels and he thinks he is in this place that after me he will not find somebody else.... just dont know what to do everyday is terrible....

It does matter. He has lived the majority of his life and he is now having health issues. You are still young, haven't barely lived your life and no health issues.

That's only for today, so it only makes logical sense that in a few years from now things will change and he will keep on aging.

Me personally, if I were in your position I would think about kids, it's not fair to bring kids into this world knowing that the other parent probably won't be there for half their life or could turn quite ill.

I don't know..at the end of the day it's up to you, but this age gap does matter and it will become more and more apparent as time marches forward.

Imo, you made the right decision for you. A 16 year old difference means that your life stages are out of sync and past a certain point you WOULD end up shouldering lots of family responsibilities on your own, icluding having to be a caretaker for him for a long time during your own middle/old age. That's a pretty steep 'mortgage' to take on so it's good that you are mindful of future implications. As for him, he knew the risks when he went after someone so young so you don't owe him anything. At 40 he has a perfectly good dating pool of women in their 30s he would be much more in life sync with. Don't let him emotionally manipulate you into staying in a situation that you don't wish to stay in.

Diabetes is very common and treatable. And 40 is not ancient. My parents were on their 40s when they had me and I lived a very normal childhood. He might live another 50 years or get hit by a bus tomorrow.

But if you don't want to be with him anymore or don't see a future with him or YOU feel the age difference is too much then it's time to move on. You don't need to find excuses.

Sorry this happened. It's good you moved out because you want different things than he does. Why did you move in so quickly and rush rush rush for a baby? Don't move back just for a place to stay nothing will change. Where were you living before?

Next time date for a while first, get to know someone better before rushing to move in and talk baby right away and date men who want the same things as you do. Do you think he gave you the herpes?

Archived