An alcoholic drinks every day. A binge drinker has periods of sobriety and then drink for a period of time and pattern goes on. A binge drinker is subject to more serious repercussions to their health than a person who drinks daily because it is such a shock to the system. Strokes are common for binge drinkers.

It seems from your description that you cannot stop once you start drinking. What does that tell you?? It tells me that you should not drink at all. I think that it is accurate to say that if you attempt to drink, you will just continue to drink, as you say. You will soon be on your way to becoming an alcoholic. It is good that you recognize this pattern you fall into when you drink. You need to acknowledge a problem in order to fix it. What you will need to do is not put yourself in a position where drinking takes place. It is best to nip this in the bud. chi

I do not drink everyday. Maybe twice a week. That's it.

I often drink alone except when friends are home. But even when i'm alone, I can't just drink one or two. I drink a flask. And yes, I do have problems.

You often drink alone, but maybe "twice a week"?

Why not get help for your problems? How old are you?

Archived