Dating a girl that just got out of a relationship

Newhampshire

Hello, my name is Richard I recently met this girl through mutual friends that moved back to my state after a few years after breaking up with her boyfriend. I would say after 2 weeks of her being back in town we started talking through texts and one night we met up for a few drinks and she came back to my place and stayed the night. Since then it has been a month of steady dating, movies, dinners, drinks, casual nights at my place or hers staying the night almost every time. We have great chemistry we text daily and hangout 4-5 times a week. We have hung out with her friends a few times and mine a few times everything is going very well. So I asked her after a month of all this what her intentions were between us were and her response was she wasn't ready yet for a full on serious relationship because she got out of one recently but she isn't talking or seeing anyone else and mentioned she liked what we had going on and wanted to continue it and that she doesn't consider me a rebound. So at this point what do you guys think her intentions are? Should I continue doing what we are doing if I really like her and see where it goes or just stop hanging out with her in case she doesn't end up wanting anything? Please help!!!!

Continue doing what you have been doing. She clearly doesn't want to make the same mistake as her past relationship and wants to build on a relationship that puts "trust" as the main basis.

Is she hanging out with other guys besides you?

she's not encouraging you to talk with other women?

It's just been the two of you.

She doesn't want you as a rebound because she is enjoying the relationship she has with you, and wants more time until it feels right for her take it to that level.

Good luck.

i think you should carry on as you are. if neither of you are seeing other people what is the problem with the way things are? some might say you are a rebound, but you may not be. some people are over their ex's in a couple of days, and some never get over them.

it sounds like you two are having fun and enjoying each other's comapny and as i say i suggest you should carry on as you are, it sounds like the start of a relationship to me.

best of luck.

I think she's being pretty straight up with you. I say if you really like how things are going, continue with it. Stop thinking too much into it and see where it goes. With every new relationship, we take the chance that it might or might not work out at the end. Don't predict the outcome before it happens.

Just keep in mind at the same time that, you could be a re-bound. She told you, you are not. So all you could do at this moment is take her words for it.

Hello, my name is Richard I recently met this girl through mutual friends that moved back to my state after a few years after breaking up with her boyfriend. I would say after 2 weeks of her being back in town we started talking through texts and one night we met up for a few drinks and she came back to my place and stayed the night. Since then it has been a month of steady dating, movies, dinners, drinks, casual nights at my place or hers staying the night almost every time. We have great chemistry we text daily and hangout 4-5 times a week. We have hung out with her friends a few times and mine a few times everything is going very well. So I asked her after a month of all this what her intentions were between us were and her response was she wasn't ready yet for a full on serious relationship because she got out of one recently but she isn't talking or seeing anyone else and mentioned she liked what we had going on and wanted to continue it and that she doesn't consider me a rebound. So at this point what do you guys think her intentions are? Should I continue doing what we are doing if I really like her and see where it goes or just stop hanging out with her in case she doesn't end up wanting anything? Please help!!!!

Sounds exactly like what happened to me recently except the meeting the friends part. My advice would be to slow it down a little and don't get too attached yet.

It sounds like she's fine with exclusive fwb after a month of hanging out. If it's been "a few years" since her breakup then this reason seems like nonsense and she just wants casual.

What is it you are looking for? Exclusive? She said she's fine with that. Dating? That seems to be what you are doing. Bf/gf labels?

Why not see how this goes before trying to lock things down after only 4 weeks of dating.

a few years after breaking up with her boyfriend. I would say after 2 weeks of her being back in town we started talking through texts and one night we met up for a few drinks and she came back to my place and stayed the night. I asked her after a month of all this what her intentions were between us were and her response was she wasn't ready yet for a full on serious relationship

Always take what a person is saying at face value and don't forego what you want, hoping the other person will change/evolve into feeling exactly the same as you. Most of the time, when the person is ready, it's with someone else. A person who is crazy about you will want you all to themselves, and not be able to stand the thought of you with anyone else. They're just not that into you, but you're a placeholder and a way to pass the time without being bored, while it suits them. They are always honest with you, because it frees them from guilt. They are telling you exactly how it is, and so if you choose to stick around anyway, that's on you when things end abruptly.

You get more and more attached, and she's free to date others, so if you can't stand the thought of that (even though she says she's not doing it at this time, she could), then how is dating her beneficial to you?

There are many women out there you can have chemistry with. When you meet one, always make sure they are on the same page with relationship goals. If not, move on. Your needs are important. Don't be a doormat and let the other person's wishes override yours. If you do, you are settling. Take care.

Archived