My ex blocked me on everything, but still talks to my friends.

Hi all. My ex and I had a passionate relationship. She's very dramatic and irrational sometimes. She blocked me on everything, but she still keeps in contact with my friends, and a friend of mine told me that she still uses the gifts I got her for Christmas. Why would she do this? Do you think she misses me but is still being stubborn? I miss her a lot

A misunderstanding. Lots of horrible things said, which I have apologized for since then. But she hasn't talked to me in a month. She interacts with my friends on Facebook still though and she wasn't even that close to them. We were talking about marriage on New Years

She threatened to get a restraining order if you show up at her place again. Do you want to get arrested or get a restraining order slapped on you?

Stay Away and focus on anger and abuse issues.

Lots of horrible things said, which I have apologized for since then. But she hasn't talked to me in a month.

She probably still uses the gifts you got her for Christmas because she likes them. She probably keeps in contact with your friends because she likes them, and they like her. She has probably blocked you because you said lots of horrible things to her, and an apology wasn't sufficient to erase the memory - and she doesn't want to risk another pile of personal abuse.

Don't confuse self-care - which is what she is doing - with being stubborn. And, in future, if you love someone there are much nicer ways of showing it than being vile to them.

(Edited because I've just read your other posts)

No, she isn't being stubborn and sulking despite secretly missing you. She was very wary and frightened of you after all the drama, and unfortunately your attempts to reach out to her would have freaked her out even more. It's difficult to explain how threatening your behaviour would have seemed to her unless you've been the victim of harassment yourself, and even though you're missing her a lot and as far as you're concerned you're behaving in a loving way... that's not how it's going to feel to her.

You're missing her, sure, and have very strong feelings for her. Unfortunately, it's very, very unlikely that she's missing you. Sorry.

I had an ex who wouldn't leave me alone. He thought he was being loving. I thought he was being creepy.

If she hasn't contacted you and hasn't communicated that she wants you to contact her, then please leave her alone.

And yeah, I still use things my ex gave me. Why not? I still need that whisk to whip eggs for cakes and omelettes. It wouldn't make sense to stop using it.

There has to be something I can do to get back on her good side

Not always.

Nothing my ex did could ever get him back on my "good side". I finally told him to leave me alone, then I blocked him.

Please respect her wishes. Please don't try any more to impose your wants onto her.

"The day after that we got into an argument over a stupid misunderstanding and it blew way out of proportion. We both got verbally abusive, she got physically abusive because I wouldn't give her space (she had self harm issues and I always felt the need to protect her from herself). This all led to her having a panic attack and yelling that she couldn't breathe and started trying to break stuff. I ran to get her inhaler and she threw it. She kicked a hole in the wall. I was yelling calm down you have to breathe and trying to hold her to calm her down. Apparently we were very loud, because one of the neighbors called the cops. The cops said one of us had to leave, so I volunteered, to give her space. After that, she wouldn't let me come home, and forced me to come get all of my stuff.

For the first month and a quarter I went through a vicious cycle, I begged and pleaded, we talked on the phone a couple of times and she would be extremely cold to me, so I lashed out and said some horrible things that I wish I never said. From there, she completely blocked me on everything. I have no way to contact her other than email or mail. "

This was an unhealthy relationship.

She is doing the right thing by realizing you two are toxic together.

Try to respect her wishes instead of trying to find ways to impose your will on her.

I'm not imposing, I've left her alone. I don't understand how she doesn't miss me. After telling me that she was in love with me. I asked her "what if I just proposed to you right now?" and she replied "I definitely wouldn't say no." I put every effort into making our relationship work. I started going to therapy, right before we broke up. She never put in any effort. So you're wrong, she isn't doing the right thing. She gave up on me and she told me she never would. She lied right to my face about that. How is she doing the right thing?

Unfortunately, people frequently make promises in relationships which, later, they feel unable to keep. Telling someone you love them is not like a legally binding contract which you are then entitled to collect on - it just doesn't work like that. While it takes two people to agree to a relationship, it only takes one to end it, which can be very painful for the other person.

Are you still in therapy? If you are, use it as an opportunity to process your painful feelings of loss without involving her.

I'm not imposing, I've left her alone. I don't understand how she doesn't miss me. After telling me that she was in love with me. I asked her "what if I just proposed to you right now?" and she replied "I definitely wouldn't say no." I put every effort into making our relationship work. I started going to therapy, right before we broke up. She never put in any effort. So you're wrong, she isn't doing the right thing. She gave up on me and she told me she never would. She lied right to my face about that. How is she doing the right thing?

The point everyone is trying to tell you is, it's over! It's not healthy for you to over analyze what did, could, have or might be. The reality is, your relationship is toxic, it' is unhealthy. Not good for neither of you to continue. Continue with therapy and work on yourself. Tell your friends to stop telling you stuff about your ex. You are falling into an unhealthy pattern. You need to cut ALL contact with your ex.

You could try and win her back, but things are just going to be worst the next time around. You need to work on yourself first.

Archived