Okay so I know there are likely no doctors reading this but I just want people's opinions on this. Basically, I'm worried I'm pregnant. Me and my boyfriend have sex at least once a week, and we use the pull out method because every time we've used condoms they always split so we gave up on them, I know it's a risky way to go but he has very good control and has never ejaculated inside of me but I still worry. My periods are irregular and roughly a 35 day cycle, and my last period started on 22/02/17, however on 13/03/17 (3 weeks into my cycle) I noticed a light pink watery discharge when I wiped, and I had I had brown discharge in my pants. It also sometimes had bright red fresh blood in it too but if I was to wear a pad it would probably be about just under 4 inches of blood on the pad (just so you have an idea of how much I was bleeding). So then I searched it on google and it said implantation bleeding and now I'm worried as hell, because I don't know what the difference is between a light period and implantation bleeding! This light bleeding lasted for 7 days and stopped a week before my period. It's now 35 days into my cycle and I would class this as my due date but still no period, so do you think it's likely I'm pregnant or just a light period occurred? I've had bleeding in between periods before and been to the doctor about it and everything was fine. I also feel fine in myself, just had a few dizzy spells and feel tired, but That may be due to work. I'm 19 too by the way.

Get a pregnancy test, first at a drugstore then go see a doctor to get it confirmed. I had a light period for three months after I got pregnant, in fact I didn't know I was pregnant until suspicious weight gain, sudden exhaustion out of nowhere, and a bad bout of "food poisoning" that wouldn't stop (aka morning sickness) finally had me go to a doctor. I even argued I couldn't be pregnant, because I was still having my period. The doctor, bless her heart, made me take a test anyways.

And here's the thing, the final Um act is not the only time there is sperm present. There are a certain number of sperm that leak out during the sex act before ejaculation, so yes you can get pregnant regardless of them ejaculating in you or not. Or if it's on or near you, yep same thing.

Life has a very strong will, people have gotten pregnant under the weirdest of circumstances, and it might be you are.

BUT it can also just be your mind playing tricks on you. I found out the hard way also that stress when I was younger, usually about "Oh gosh am I pregnant????" would stop my period faster than anything. And then I'd get all the symptoms of pregnancy, run off to my doctor who would roll her eyes and probably think, "NOT AGAIN" while lecturing me on how to be more responsible for birth control when yet again another negative test came back.

I finally wised up about the whole thing.

It's not called the Rhythm and Blues method for nothing, as a friend of mine used to joke. Pulling out is not a good birth control method, you need something else whether it's rubbers or one of many other options that both of you can have. And regardless, you need to go see a doctor. If you can't afford one, find out where there's a women's clinic or clinics that will accept pay on a sliding scale. At the very least go get a drugstore pregnancy test, because right now it's 50-50 and that's all any person not really examining you with a proper pregnancy test is going to be able to tell you.

And yeah, it's time to research other birth control methods.

"Does pulling out protect against STDs?

No. While withdrawal can prevent pregnancy, it doesn't protect you against STDs. Some STDs, like genital warts and herpes, are spread through skin-to-skin contact. And STDs like chlamydia, syphilis, or gonorrhea can be carried in pre-cum. So if you're going to have sex, the best way to prevent STDs is by using condoms.

How can I make the pull out method work best?

The best way to make the pull out method effective is to use it with another type of birth control (like the ring, pill, or condoms). This way, if there's a slip up, you're still protected.

Condoms are a great method to use with pulling out. Not only will they prevent pregnancy in case you don't pull out in time, but condoms are the only way to stop the spread of STDs during sex. You can also practice withdrawal while using condoms to learn how to pull out in time.

For withdrawal to work as well as possible, you must do it right every single time. Always. So always pull out BEFORE ejaculation, and always make sure to ejaculate (cum) away from your partner's genitals. This is important because pregnancy can happen if even a little bit of semen gets in the vagina.

Accidents happen. So if you use withdrawal for birth control, think about keeping emergency contraception (aka the morning-after pill) in your medicine cabinet, just in case ejaculate (cum) gets in or near your vagina. Emergency contraception can prevent pregnancy for up to 5 days after unprotected sex. The best way to make the pull out method effective is to use it with another type of birth control (like the ring, pill, or condoms). This way, if there's a slip up, you're still protected.

Condoms are a great method to use with pulling out. Not only will they prevent pregnancy in case you don't pull out in time, but condoms are the only way to stop the spread of STDs during sex. You can also practice withdrawal while using condoms to learn how to pull out in time.

For withdrawal to work as well as possible, you must do it right every single time. Always. So always pull out BEFORE ejaculation, and always make sure to ejaculate (cum) away from your partner's genitals. This is important because pregnancy can happen if even a little bit of semen gets in the vagina.

Accidents happen. So if you use withdrawal for birth control, think about keeping emergency contraception (aka the morning-after pill) in your medicine cabinet, just in case ejaculate (cum) gets in or near your vagina. Emergency contraception can prevent pregnancy for up to 5 days after unprotected sex."

- See more at: learn/birth-control/withdrawal

Pull out does not work! Period! There is sperm in pre-cum and you can get pregnant from it.

Take a test and wise up both of you, else you'll be parents soon!

Use a different and effective way of birth control, stop thinking your protected now!!

My brother and his wife used this method too and i now have a very cute little niece!

But first off take a test, we can't take your stress away....

I understand that you are 19, but even if a DR is reading this, they would not be able to tell what's going on until the exam you.

Do a home pregnancy test, so you could get an idea of what's going on. Then make an appointment with a DR. You never know what's happening unless you get it checked out. It's best to be safe than sorry.

I think you need to face the fact that anytime you practice unsafe sex, there's always a good chance for a pregnancy to occur. I can't say if you're pregnant or not pregnant, but I can say you are playing a game of Russian Roulette.

In this day and age, there's no excuse for placing yourself in a situation such as this.

Yesterday I read on the internet pre-sperm can`t cause pregnancy

As far as I know pink colored blood might mean pregnancy

Well of course if you read it on the internet it HAS to be true (insert eye roll).

I am telling you, I got pregnant by the pull out method. I don't need to read some falsehood on the internet. All I have to do is look at my daughter to see it can happen.

Please, OP, see a doctor about obtaining some birth control (that is, if you're not pregnant). And if you are, you'll need to decide what to do next.

Yesterday I read on the internet pre-sperm can`t cause pregnancy

Totally false and misleading information.

Belgian Girl, see a doctor for your own issues. Clearly it's not normal and you need to have it checked out.

OP, as everyone has stated, take a test, see a doctor. If you're lucky enough NOT to be pregnant then make sure you get yourself on some form of birth control. In this day and age there is no excuse not to be using birth control. You're both being totally irresponsible. Unprotected sex is a recipe for disaster and playing with fire.

Archived