How should I deal with this situation?

Elyon

I'm a 16 year old bisexual girl who is buried deep inside the closet with no hopes of getting out anytime soon, and I decided that I should not date anyone or think about dating any girl until i'm at least 18 and independent enough to be able to handle the responsibilities that come with such a relationship. 5 months ago I met this girl and we started as friends, she's the only one who knows about my sexuality as i know about hers too. We talk daily and hang out really often and from the time i met her until now, I've seen how much of an amazing and unique girl she is. Everything about her was beautiful from her personality to her looks. I realized that I liked her a lot two weeks ago but it has been going on for a month and a half and she's someone i definitely don't want to lose. The thing is, I know that she likes someone but I don't know who and I don't want to get my hopes up. I'm also still sticking to my rule because it's impossible to even think of dating her now when I live in a homophobic culture and i'm still dependent on my parents in finances since they're also homophobic. I don't know what should I do. I'm thinking of trying to fall out of it but I really don't want to break things off between us or become distant to her. How should I deal with this situation? I'm really lost.

You wouldn't be the first teenager having a gay relationship that they are hiding from their parents and society. I can understand not wanting to date until you are in a safer more understanding place. But feelings don't obey rational rules. And dating is fun and hard. Learning how to be in a relationship is an important skill for future happiness. Relax a little. Give it time. You can be her friend and have a crush on her. It's so important to have friends, people who know you and accept you, especially when you are living in a world that feels dominated by people who don't.

You can feel whatever you want, but don't act on it if it puts you in jeopardy. What happens when you are over 18 and still in this culture?

I'm a 16 year old bisexual girl who is buried deep inside the closet with no hopes of getting out anytime soon, and I live in a homophobic culture and i'm still dependent on my parents in finances since they're also homophobic.
What happens when you are over 18 and still in this culture?

If I happen to come out to my family when I'm over 18 the consequences I will face will be less severe than the ones I would face now since they won't be having much control over me anymore.

hey

you said you knew this girl's perferences if she likes dudes, it ain't going to be you because she's straight but if she is bisexual/lesbian than maybe, just play around with her tease her and see how she reacts flirt with her tell her she looks extremely beautiful today, glance at her eyes and sometimes just put your hand on her body, if she tells you to stop than she doesn't want you but if she does she will lean over and kiss you, it means she likes you and you might have a chance but remember is better to tell your parents now that you see yourself marrying a female not a male because it will hurt them once they find out later

Archived