Need input on job hunt

I'm job hunting, and a recruiter recently reached out to me on a specific job. I am very interested in the company and the position. The recruiter is currently checking my references after meeting me.

The job was just posted on Linked In by the company's HR person. I sent an invite to her, which she accepted.

I know that the recruiter is planning to send my resume over early next week, but wondered if I should also send a note to the company HR person.

What are your thoughts on this? Would a friendly hello, and "I've heard great things about your company" be tacky? Should I mention my recruiter at all? I'm really at a loss as to how to use Linked In effectively.

Thanks

The recruiter will make a commission if I get the position. I've no intention of trying to get an interview on my own with that company. I'm more interested in developing a network in my city with the best local companies. I haven't lived here very long. I've connected with, and sent friendly messages to a few other companies. This one is weird because of my recruiter and my hope of landing an interview.

I did send a thank you to my recruiter, and we've had some follow up emails as well. The recruiter is doing a good job keeping me in the loop, and let me know they plan to present me to the company early next week.

Thanks for the good luck

I think I confused everyone - I'm sorry. Here is the timeline of events:

I sent a Linked In invite to the HR rep at the company. I knew nothing of an open position at the time.

A few days later, a recruiter reached out to me about a position at that company.

I interviewed with the recruiter, and we are going forwards with sending my resume to the company.

4 days later, the HR rep posted the job I am applying for on the Linked In website.

1 day after that, the HR rep accepted my Linked In request.

Now I'm in awkward land. Do I send a friendly hello to the HR person? Do I ignore the connection? Maybe I should send a hello if/when interviews are done?

I think I confused everyone - I'm sorry. Here is the timeline of events:

I sent a Linked In invite to the HR rep at the company. I knew nothing of an open position at the time.

A few days later, a recruiter reached out to me about a position at that company.

I interviewed with the recruiter, and we are going forwards with sending my resume to the company.

4 days later, the HR rep posted the job I am applying for on the Linked In website.

1 day after that, the HR rep accepted my Linked In request.

Now I'm in awkward land. Do I send a friendly hello to the HR person? Do I ignore the connection? Maybe I should send a hello if/when interviews are done?

You could send the HR contact a friendly message to mention that you're currently working with (recruiter's name) who raised position XYZ with you this week. That's no bypassing recruiter, but rather, it's referring the HR contact to hem.

Archived