So there's this younger guy at work. I admit i find him attractive and intelligent but i know he's like 5 years younger than me so i consider him a kid. I thought we could be friends and would often talk to him casually.

He recently moved departments so we don't work so closely anymore. I noticed he started msging me and being a bit flirtatious (politely) and i didn't really engage in it that much, just made some light conversation.

We then met at a colleagues wedding and he suddenly told me "we should get a drink sometime" and i said Yeah sure we should. Was not sure what else to say at that moment and figured a drink is harmless incase we do end up going. But i never talked about it after that neither did he.

Since then i noticed hes avoiding eye contact with me, i mean hes around my area a lot but he doesnt really initiate any conversation. Which is a bit sad. He's kind of avoiding me.

If i talk to him, he just laughs or is polite or quietly listens to me or takes notice as I'm talking to someone else.

I noticed his eyes light up when he sees me but he does not say hi until i do. And i generally either do or atleast give a big smile of acknowledgement.

I'm not sure what exactly is going on here and I'm trying not to feel ignored.

He wanted a hookup, it didn't happen so he's back to just being a friendly coworker.

We then met at a colleagues wedding and he suddenly told me "we should get a drink sometime" and i said Yeah sure we should. If i talk to him, he just laughs or is polite or quietly listens to me or takes notice as I'm talking to someone else.

What do YOU want out of this? It sounds like he tried to approach you, you gave him mixed signals and now he is reflecting your behaviour. You were neutral. He is being neutral. And the whole situation has become unclear or maybe he changed his mind. It sounds like you are not comfortable with his age and being a colleague yet you are attracted to him. You need to make up your mind about what you want out of this. As for him, it could be he wanted a hook up, friends or anything.

What is your age? What is his age? I'm tending to think that your maturity levels are about at the same level regardless of your chronological ages.

If you're interested in him then let it be known to him and ask him "when are we getting that drink you mentioned at the wedding?" That is if you don't mind having to face him everyday if things don't pan out or if they go south.

Archived