Simple Question I Guess

kat9013

So, I don't normally date. As in, I've never had a serious boyfriend. I'm very shy and stand-offish. I work with a guy who is nice, funny, etc. We went to a movie. He has been very chill. It wasn't even a date, just hanging out. We have flirted a bit, but not at all serious. He asked if next time we hang out I would want to do Netflix, which of course means his place. Is that weird or normal? Help. Thanks. Also, if it is weird, give me an alternative suggestion. I live in a very small town without much to do.

How well do you know this guy? How safe do you feel with him? My general advice during the "get to know you" stage is to meet in public places for at least the first few dates. He may want to do a Netflix date because it's easy and cheap, but it might also be a ploy to get you into bed -- or at least into a serious make out session.

Being as you're from a small town I can see that there really is limited options. But I do agree with Gebaird, get to know him well before you go to his house and secondly, he might be only wanting to watch Netflix or he might be wanting to get you alone for intimacy. Just be cautious seeing as it's early on for dating.

Hmm...Netflix and chill on date 2 with a coworker? What if after sex he moves on? Ok with you? What if this makes it all around the office? Ok with you?

Suggest anything. Parks, a place to eat and event in town, farmer's market, etc. Don't be passive and just slide into netflix and chill on the second "hang out".

It depends what you want out of this. Office romance? Causal hookups/hangouts? Because that's where he seems to be steering this unless you make up your mind and give some input.

I work with a guy who is nice, funny, etc. It wasn't even a date, just hanging out. He asked if next time we hang out I would want to do Netflix,

I'm glad I wasn't just being paranoid. I've made every possible indication that I am not about to jump into bed with him. It makes me wonder. I thought he was going to be more chill. Maybe it's just an act to make me feel comfortable, though. I suggested the zoo. My family gets a membership that I can steal and bring a guest so it's free for him and plenty of people are around. I hope he was just going for something that wouldn't cost him money, but we'll see. I'm not going to his place. Thanks everyone.

Oh my god! Someone understands my side of the situation! I was not GOING to sleep with him. I was wondering if he thought I was, though. JaggerJim you're a genius for comprehending the fact that I have a choice even if I'm at his place and he wants me to sleep with him. Bless you, sir.

Oh my god! Someone understands my side of the situation! I was not GOING to sleep with him. I was wondering if he thought I was, though. JaggerJim you're a genius for comprehending the fact that I have a choice even if I'm at his place and he wants me to sleep with him. Bless you, sir.

No problem! Glad to help!!!!!!!!!

Do any of you have a tablet? Why not go to a neutral place and watch Netflix on it? Just a thought

Yes. This could work. You could pack a romantic pick-nick and watch the Netflix on the tablet somewhere like a park under a shaded tree. Or you could watch the tablet under the moon and stars and turn it romantic with a bottle of wine or something. The ideas are endless!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived