Dating younger guy 24 years difference

LadyG50

I am 50 yrs old dating a 26 yrs old guy. We been dating each other for a couple months things are great between us. He told me he will always be there for me. I have know him for many years but we connected just a couple months ago. I never dated anyone with a 24 year difference. Any advice????????

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You going for fun or longevity? All issues of greatly different life experiences and circumstances aside-- and I'm not meaning to come off as insensitive-- 50 is probably going to be your peak as far as middle-age appearances go. It's highly likely you're filling a niche for him now that you won't be able to continue filling at 60. How much would you say the sexual aspect matters in this relationship vs. the more emotional elements?

In the giddy infatuation and new sex stage, it's hard to tell. Play it by ear and observe if lifestyle differences pop up.

For example how old are your kids? Does he ever want a family? Do you both want casual or long term?

I am 50 yrs old dating a 26 yrs old guy. We been dating each other for a couple months things are great between us.

I am getting a divorce with my husband of 20 years....he cheated on me wasn't me....I have no children. My boyfriend I have know for a long time he actually was an old boyfriend of my step daughter when they were kids.....As far as my age yes I am 50 but I don't look a day over 35. My boyfriend would always yearly text me over the years since he broke up with my step daughter to see how we were doing then recently when I told him what happened with me and my husband he instantly was there for me. He tells me he always will be no matter what. I know this age things is going to be a problem he tells me no....not to worry....but when him and I are together it is simply amazing!!! Sex is fantastic and the emotional elements are great. I never dated a younger guy been out of the dating scene for 20 years but he just swept me off my feet and told me he always had a super crush on me when he was dating my step daugther.

You going for fun or longevity? All issues of greatly different life experiences and circumstances aside-- and I'm not meaning to come off as insensitive-- 50 is probably going to be your peak as far as middle-age appearances go. It's highly likely you're filling a niche for him now that you won't be able to continue filling at 60. How much would you say the sexual aspect matters in this relationship vs. the more emotional elements?

I am getting a divorce with my husband of 20 years....he cheated on me wasn't me....I have no children. My boyfriend I have know for a long time he actually was an old boyfriend of my step daughter when they were kids.....As far as my age yes I am 50 but I don't look a day over 35. My boyfriend would always yearly text me over the years since he broke up with my step daughter to see how we were doing then recently when I told him what happened with me and my husband he instantly was there for me. He tells me he always will be no matter what. I know this age things is going to be a problem he tells me no....not to worry....but when him and I are together it is simply amazing!!! Sex is fantastic and the emotional elements are great. I never dated a younger guy been out of the dating scene for 20 years but he just swept me off my feet and told me he always had a super crush on me when he was dating my step daughter.

He tells me he always will be no matter what

- Of course.....they'll say anything to try n get you to stick around...And this is the 'honeymoon phase'.

BUT.. have you thought .. what does HE know about a 'real relationship'? Anything good come of his past.. for his age?

And what about you? After 20 yr relationship....are you mentally & emotionally stable? You been out of the relationship for a good while?

Just try not to get too 'emotionally' involved for a good 6 months.. in case he actually bolts, realizing he isn't that 'into it' after all.

Yes- of course.. the sex is great.. a young, fresh stud n all... sooo much more that needs to go with that in order for success.

Yea I know but it truly wasn't anything like that. My now boyfriend had messaged me just to see how things were going on in the family and I had said ok....He knows I never say ok unless something is wrong and when I told him what was happening he started telling me how he truly felt about me and we messaged and talked for awhile then we went to the next level. This is just out of my element and I was just seeing what other people experienced with such a big age difference. I know my husband will hit the roof but I truly don't care anymore about him. I just want to get a divorce but he is stalling. Thinks he can have both of us well that's not happening.

He has had several relationships but nothing really was worth his effort as he said the girls his age have nothing over me. He is very educated finishing his college next month in psychology and he already has a degree in physical therapist. As for me my husband still lives in my house trying to get him I told him I want to file the divorce by next month.

He tells me he always will be no matter what

- Of course.....they'll say anything to try n get you to stick around...And this is the 'honeymoon phase'.

BUT.. have you thought .. what does HE know about a 'real relationship'? Anything good come of his past.. for his age?

And what about you? After 20 yr relationship....are you mentally & emotionally stable? You been out of the relationship for a good while?

Just try not to get too 'emotionally' involved for a good 6 months.. in case he actually bolts, realizing he isn't that 'into it' after all.

Yes- of course.. the sex is great.. a young, fresh stud n all... sooo much more that needs to go with that in order for success.

He dated your step daughter. He knows you're cheating on your husband (regardless of the motivation) and has every reason to doubt your fidelity were he to give it a serious try with you. Your relationship is highly sexual and, speaking in terms of appearances, you'll likely be out of the cliche MILF range within a few years.

I'd assume his words are to keep his fantasy going while it's hot. I see no reason he'd want to make a long-term deal of it, though.

He actually brought it up. I know it was fast to talk about it but the situation came up and that is what he said.

Really?... Discussing KIDS within dating a cpl months? Whoaaa.... come on now... seriously... Why even think this way.

How about try that discussion if you've made it a year or so??

I never cheated on my husband of 20 years......I am not cheating now in my boyfriends eyes he said my husband broke the bonds of marriage when he starting chatting with this girl in the Phillipians 2 years ago and then he went to see her in January. I am not a cliche MILF......lol thats funny.

He dated your step daughter. He knows you're cheating on your husband (regardless of the motivation) and has every reason to doubt your fidelity were he to give it a serious try with you. Your relationship is highly sexual and, speaking in terms of appearances, you'll likely be out of the cliche MILF range within a few years.

I'd assume his words are to keep his fantasy going while it's hot. I see no reason he'd want to make a long-term deal of it, though.

Have your fun as long as it lasts, but don't look too far into the future because this kid is not going to stick around. Nor should he. You two are at completely different stages in life, and when he matures he will want a family and kids of his own, which you are not going to be able to give him.

I understand his perspective. He gets to have lots of sex and the excitement of a new 'relationship' that he probably doesn't view as lasting, despite what he tells you. However I just can't understand yours! I can't fathom being attracted to a guy in his mid-20s at my age, never mind at 50... what could you possibly have in common?

Hopefully you realize that the pool of good men keeps shrinking as the years go by, and while he still has 10+ years to find his 'forever' woman and start up a family, you on the other hand will face more and more difficulties finding a good man. I don't think wasting time with a kid is the best thing to do, where your future wellbeing is concerned. It would be smarter to end this crush (because that's all there is to it) and start looking for someone able to give you what you need, according to the stage of life you're in.

Does your step daughter know about what's been going on? She must be mortified....

Just my 2 cents though...of course the choice is yours.

He actually brought it up. I know it was fast to talk about it but the situation came up and that is what he said.

Yeah- and this is often a sign of red flags.. speaking of things such as this so early on in the relationship.. way too serious.

Too much, too soon...

Archived