Twilight anesthesia

If you have dental phobia I HIGHLY recommend this for dental surgery. I have a massive dental phobia and I needed a surgical extraction. I was so so so nervous!! Basket case nervous! Twilight anesthesia made it so very easy for me. If you have dental phobia maybe ask your dental professional about this.

I have a massive dental phobia too and it seems the older I get, the worse it gets. What exactly is twilight anesthesia?

Basically they use a powerful but short lived benzo and a narcotic for pain. The route is IV.

When I went in they hooked up the IV and injected the first dose of benzo so I could be calm before the surgeon came in. You are calm in literally 2 seconds. They hook you up so they can monitor your heartbeat and blood pressure and O2 level.

They administer the other doses when the surgeon comes in. For me it was another 3 doses. I could follow commands like open my mouth so they could put the rubber thing in to keep your mouth open. I was aware of talking but not real actual words. I could feel tugging but I didn't care. Then I was woken up. No anxiety what so ever.

See, I'm the opposite: I have a phobia to anesthesia, including twilight.

Nopenopenope

I have severe phobia to being put out as well. I feared this too but found once in it had no anxiety at all. Yet with gas I was assaulting the dentist in my last operation. But this.. it was a breeze.

Basically they use a powerful but short lived benzo and a narcotic for pain. The route is IV.

When I went in they hooked up the IV and injected the first dose of benzo so I could be calm before the surgeon came in. You are calm in literally 2 seconds. They hook you up so they can monitor your heartbeat and blood pressure and O2 level.

They administer the other doses when the surgeon comes in. For me it was another 3 doses. I could follow commands like open my mouth so they could put the rubber thing in to keep your mouth open. I was aware of talking but not real actual words. I could feel tugging but I didn't care. Then I was woken up. No anxiety what so ever.

Wow. Definitely something to keep in mind for any future dental work. Thanks for the info!

We have some clinics here that practice that, called "sedation dentistry". They can even clean your teeth and do fillings while you're sedated, not just big procedures. I personally am okay without but I think it's wonderful for those who need it!

We have some clinics here that practice that, called "sedation dentistry". They can even clean your teeth and do fillings while you're sedated, not just big procedures. I personally am okay without but I think it's wonderful for those who need it!

It went awesome like you said. I have hated any sedation form but this one, including general. Personally , this was great for me. I was totally relaxed and non combative and he got the job done in half the time he thought.

Archived