How to get dates as a 21 year old girl

hirax

I am 21 years old girl never had a bf or asked out. I would like to start dating but the problem is that I am having trouble finding dates and it seems like online dating might be my only choice (even though I don't want it to be). Even the other day, a girl in front of me got cold approached by a guy and this guy was asking for her number. Yet, this never happens to me; I have never had a guy approach me, let alone ask for my number. And I never saw this girl flirting or giving this guy any type of signal for him to approach her.

I don't go to bars or clubs. I am 5'6 and weigh 125 lbs. I don't wear a lot of makeup and I don't have hideous skin. I'm not a skimpy dresser (anyway, I am thin and I don't have big assets). I only get called beautiful or checked out by a random guy rarely or every once in a blue moon. For some reason, I feel like guys don't pay me attention much and I almost never get hit on or flirted with. I tried putting myself out there a few times by going to some events, but nothing came from it/nothing happened.

I am wondering how I can get dates and what I need to do to find love?

I'd do the OLD thing. That way you know the people are at least interested. You are female and young so id think you would have to weed a lot of people out. Some of the females on here could tell you how to do that. I've never been approached but I've seen it done to people I'm with. It's obvious they were good looking guys. It could be different with woman. Maybe you are sending out an unapproachable vibe? Some men can be intimidated also. Good luck

Do you think you are approachable? Sometimes it's the vibe you might be sending out. Have you tried approaching? I'm not saying to straight up, go and ask the guy for his number. Could be a look with a smile. Sometimes that's all it takes. Men get scared too. So if you give them a friendly smile, they might go up to you and start a conversation. From there, you could try to flirt a little bit.

You could try to go up to a guy and start small talk. Sometimes is the small subtle steps that will get you started. I hope that helps, good luck!

Yea, I am having doubts on my appearance knowing other women are cold approached right in front of me and I am not. I don't think I am hideous but maybe I am not attractive enough, maybe that's why I am not getting approached. But yea, I might try online dating.

Yea, I am having doubts on my appearance knowing other women are cold approached right in front of me and I am not. I don't think I am hideous but maybe I am not attractive enough, maybe that's why I am not getting approached. But yea, I might try online dating.

It's not always about appearances. Sometimes you have to put yourself out there. Not only go to the events to be approached. Go to the events and be present, as approach other people. It doesn't hurt to come up to someone and start small talk. You will see if there is a connection, if there isn't than take as you met a new friend.

It's not how you look or dress, it's how you carry yourself.

You may not have noticed, but yes, there was body language communication happening when the guy did the cold approach with that girl. In his eyes she appeared approachable - meaning her body language was telling him that she was open to it and would be nice about it even if she rejects him. It's not about some blatant flirting, but more eye contact and a smile, maybe a quick nod acknowledging the person looking at you. It's subtle, but it's also giving the guy a green light to go for it.

Personally, I've noticed that when I feel particularly relaxed and happy with life, I get approached a lot even without eye contact or anything really. When you are feeling all warm and fuzzy, it shows in your demeanor and how you carry yourself and it attracts people.

Other than that, if you are very shy, won't make eye contact, etc. you will need to put yourself out there more than a few times. Join some hobby clubs, go to events, develop some interests. Go because the event interests you not because you are hunting. Might be easier if you join hobby or interest clubs where you actually have a chance to develop connections and friendships over time and actually warm up to people better. Other than that, there is always online.

I am 21 years old girl never had a bf or asked out. I would like to start dating but the problem is that I am having trouble finding dates and it seems like online dating might be my only choice (even though I don't want it to be). Even the other day, a girl in front of me got cold approached by a guy and this guy was asking for her number. Yet, this never happens to me; I have never had a guy approach me, let alone ask for my number. And I never saw this girl flirting or giving this guy any type of signal for him to approach her.

I don't go to bars or clubs. I am 5'6 and weigh 125 lbs. I don't wear a lot of makeup and I don't have hideous skin. I'm not a skimpy dresser (anyway, I am thin and I don't have big assets). I only get called beautiful or checked out by a random guy rarely or every once in a blue moon. For some reason, I feel like guys don't pay me attention much and I almost never get hit on or flirted with. I tried putting myself out there a few times by going to some events, but nothing came from it/nothing happened.

I am wondering how I can get dates and what I need to do to find love?

eye contact and smiling at a guy.

Good luck with this power.

i'm sure you will have one before 25, it's almost impossible for a woman to surpass her mid-20's or reach her 30's without ever having had a relationship before, but it's very easy for guys to end up that way, ya i know, i know what you are going to say, having a victim mentality is frowned upon in men but not in women.

Archived