Sooo about 8 months ago me and my ex who were dating for over a year broke up. He basically cut ties with me and ignored me up until about a few days ago. I wrote him and asked him if he could please tell me why he broke up with me, he told me that he could not take how mean and rude I was being to him. (I did get very very mean calling him names, accusing him of cheating when I new he wasn't, arguing about things that shouldn't turn into a argument). So he told me we talked for a bit through fb he then agreed to come over we hooked up talked for a bit then he left. I wrote him and asked if we had a chance to get back together he told me he only came over because he was angry with someone he is sorta talking to and that's why. He then said he didn't know if he could get over how I treated him and the fact that I basically blew up his phone for the past 8 months. He is not the type to cheat on someone I think basically he does not like her a lot if he was able to go cheat on her with me. I could be wrong but he's just not that type. I then told him that I would always be there for him and he's worth me getting back together with and he did not deserve to be treated the way I did. I have not texted him since then I plan on not contacting him and hoping that he contacts me. Our relationship was good I got mean towards the end. We had fun times we were both comfortable with each other and I know deep down he did love me. Does anyone have advice on what I should do or if you think I even have a chance of getting him back? I really do love him and care for him.

Thanks for reading.

I'm in a similar situation. Blew up the ex's phone, wanted answers, etc.

I'd go no contact again, even though it's hard. Sometimes we can go through hell for a person, they won't care. And, honestly they don't owe us anything. They practiced their free-will by breaking up.

I find it odd he hooked up with you. Seems a bit shallow. Have you been on other dates? Ik you still have strong feelings for him, but you need a distraction. I hope that helps & eventually things work out.

Love

The fights were basically stupid bc of my own insecurities. We were happy I'd get in moods n get mad at him I had a lot of growing up to do and finding myself. Ice grown up a lot I've seen what I did wrong I realize I was being petty and just fighting with him bc he wouldn't answer his phone bc he was at work or sleeping because he worked over nights. Or I'd accuse him of cheating on me because he wouldn't want to go to certain things or bc he would want to go out with his friend not even to a bar just have guys night. It was me that was the problem.

If he's only "sorta talking to" someone then he didn't cheat on her. It sounds as though he likes her but they're not in a relationship. So, I wouldn't put any weight on the fact that he hooked up with you, in that sense.

He told you himself the only real reason why he came over is because he's miffed at this other girl. This means you were a convenient distraction, and if he works out whatever the issue was with her, he will probably make himself scarce again and you won't hear from him.

Unfortunately, I think the ship sailed on you two. It didn't work and he doesn't sound eager to revisit that. I would keep No Contact. If he does reach out, you need to make sure he's not doing it just for a physical fix. Don't offer him that again, unless and until you two are actually reconciling. Otherwise, you won't know if he actually wants to date you or just sleep with you.

99% of the times with relationship breakup issues, no contact is the answer. This is the case here too I am afraid. He does not want you for love. Stop trying to fathom the reason. He just does not want you that way. You will go crazy trying to bottom out why, so try not to. No contact and move on with your life and put it behind you.

Archived