Please pray for those injured and killed in the UK PARLIAMENT ATTACK

5 people dead, 20 injured. It is horrible.

Then again far, far more than that die or or hurt every single day in London from accidents from busses, bikes, scooters, muggings, and all the rest.

Maybe let's not forget the less newsworthy victims in our prayers tonight too?

i think it's the aspect of such violence, the intent to hurt, kill, the beastly dedication to go through with it that shakes people up in a different way than say an accident does. the absence of humanity in...humans.

of course, a life is a life, and a loss is a loss. "it was an accident" is in no way an ameliorating circumstance. all are equal, all desrving empathy and honors.

So sad, just so sad. Perhaps the bit that I'm most proud of was that the emergency services were trying to SAVE the perpetrator. I'm as worried about the backlash from people who have their own agendas to serve as I am about the act itself. To get this into perspective...

During the 1970's, 80's and 90's, IRA bombings and the disruption caused by bomb scares were just part of the backdrop against which we all operated in London. If I needed to be in the city centre for a specific time, I'd invariably leave an hour earlier because there would be delays somewhere on the underground system caused by a bomb scare. Birmingham still feels the effects of the devastating pub bombings in the city centre. I could go on...

But did we turn on Irish people, or Catholics, in the UK? No, we did not. We recognised that this was the work of a small number of people who did not speak for either group. I hope we can all recognise the parallels today...

My thoughts are with the innocent victims in all this.

I worked in Westminster for the best part of 10 years. Many of my close friends still work there. Although I knew it was unlikely they had been hurt it still made me think of them and how scared they must have felt. Most of all, I feel so sad and angry at the unnecessary loss of more innocent lives.

So sad, just so sad. Perhaps the bit that I'm most proud of was that the emergency services were trying to SAVE the perpetrator. I'm as worried about the backlash from people who have their own agendas to serve as I am about the act itself. To get this into perspective...

During the 1970's, 80's and 90's, IRA bombings and the disruption caused by bomb scares were just part of the backdrop against which we all operated in London. If I needed to be in the city centre for a specific time, I'd invariably leave an hour earlier because there would be delays somewhere on the underground system caused by a bomb scare. Birmingham still feels the effects of the devastating pub bombings in the city centre. I could go on...

But did we turn on Irish people, or Catholics, in the UK? No, we did not. We recognised that this was the work of a small number of people who did not speak for either group. I hope we can all recognise the parallels today...

My thoughts are with the innocent victims in all this.

I want to know why extremist Muslims are doing this, the IRA had their reasons and they are recorded in an unbiased fashion and that makes it easier to empathize with them on some level. I want an unbiased account on why radical Muslims feel they need to do this when it's just causing more problems for their people.

I want to know why extremist Muslims are doing this, the IRA had their reasons and they are recorded in an unbiased fashion and that makes it easier to empathize with them on some level. I want an unbiased account on why radical Muslims feel they need to do this when it's just causing more problems for their people.

Please don't make this political/religious it will get closed. This is about victims.

Archived