Ex unblocks me from FB to show he is married

Should I not be upset if my ex unblocks me from facebook to show he is married? Why would someone do that. He had to know I'd be sensitive. Our last communication was me apologizing for being mean to him when he refused to take me back. He accepted but at the end of the email stated he didn't want any kind of contact. I complied and we blocked each other on FB. Months later in a moment of weakness, I unblocked him not expecting anything and low and behold he had unblocked me too and was married with wedding pictures all over the screen. It was like being stabbed in the heart. Some family members think he did nothing wrong. Am I missing something?

It's time to unblock him and keep it that way! Your family is right, he did nothing wrong, all he did was got married. You beg and pleaded and he did the right by telling to have N/C. I'm assuming time has passed, he probably thought you are over the relationship, and unblocked you. Sometimes I go into my FB and unblock people because I feel that I'm fully healed and both parties have moved on.

Why did you unblock him if you are still not over him?

I'm going to put it nicely, I don't think he's thinking about you like that. If he's married, he's sharing it on facebook because he's happy.

Blocking/unblocking doesn't mean much other than "I'm willing to look at this person's page."

You aren't over him, remove him permanently from FB. Problem solved.

I unblocked him in a moment of weakness and I was missing him. I already knew he had moved on....he chose this girl over me even though when we were broken up he always said I just needed to say the word and he would be back with me. Well I said the word when he was less than a month into this new relationship. It was the worst pain I ever felt.

"Blocking/Unblocking" is a way to keep people from bugging you.

So he knew this would potentially be provocative. If he knew it might hurt me or cause trouble, why would he do that? If he didn't want to be friends, why would he do that? Would it not be better just to keep someone blocked to be kind? I have another ex that I will not ever unblock from FB because I don't want to be friends but more importantly I don't want to provoke any emotions.

If you were mean to him then I would say this is to reiterate to you he that he has moved on with someone who cares about him.

As said above.. it doesn't matter. It's over, he's made it obvious.

Time to put it behind you, block him, sorry to be harsh, but its taking too much of your mindset.. try and let it go.

I was mean because of the rejection and I apologized. I already knew he had moved on. I'm still not getting why this was OK for him to make sure I knew except to be mean. He should have just kept that door closed....I didn't need to see that...it's just hurtful....and unfortunately he got a reaction.

I unblocked him in a moment of weakness and I was missing him. I already knew he had moved on....he chose this girl over me even though when we were broken up he always said I just needed to say the word and he would be back with me. Well I said the word when he was less than a month into this new relationship. It was the worst pain I ever felt.

"Blocking/Unblocking" is a way to keep people from bugging you.

So he knew this would potentially be provocative. If he knew it might hurt me or cause trouble, why would he do that? If he didn't want to be friends, why would he do that? Would it not be better just to keep someone blocked to be kind? I have another ex that I will not ever unblock from FB because I don't want to be friends but more importantly I don't want to provoke any emotions.

You just don't get it do you? Why would you unblock someone when you still have feelings for them? Missing someone is still feelings? Wondering whatever he's doing with his wedding photos on FB is still feelings.

Not having feelings and okay to have an ex on FB is when you "JUST DON'T CARE" anymore. I'm happy for my exes if I see they got married and vice versa. That's how you could keep a mutual friendship with an ex, NO MORE FEELINGS and they are nothing more than a casual friend or an acquaintance.

By the way, why don't you keep him blocked, instead of thinking, wouldn't it be kind if he keeps you blocked? You can't control what he does, you can only control yourself.

You already know he move before he got married. So why do you think he's posting wedding pictures to get on your nerves? I posts my wedding photos on FB because I'm excited that I got married. No intentions of hurting anyone's feelings. My theory is if they don't like it than they are free to delete me.

You have to understand, this is NOT about you! You are just taking it personally and making it all about you. Have you consider counselling to help you get over this person?

Ummm you looked at his Facebook.. . That's what happens on social media.

He didn't put his wedding photos on Facebook just for your entertainment. He put it on because it was one of the happiest days of his life... it has nothing to do with you.

Block him.

I was mean because of the rejection and I apologized. I already knew he had moved on. I'm still not getting why this was OK for him to make sure I knew except to be mean. He should have just kept that door closed....I didn't need to see that...it's just hurtful....and unfortunately he got a reaction.

For one last time, if YOU kept him blocked, you wouldn't have seen it!

We broke up and stayed close friends, best friends for about a year....he said he was fine with being friends but that he loved me and all I needed to do was say the word. I know you're going to say we should have never stayed friends but we were friends before we were partners. I loved him but didn't realize what I had. I just wish he would not have said all those things to me because I believed him. I think the hardest part was he just shut me out so succinctly...like I ceased to exist

...I just thought he'd give me a little grace.

Oh well, I have to move on, and I want to move on. I don't see him the same way. I just don't think his actions should be seen as OK. I would have never done that to him. If you have an ounce of care for a person don't do anything that may be perceived as hurtful. Perception is reality.

Jennifer, i realise blocking and unblocking someone requires one to physically go into settings and remove that name.

Honestly we have no idea what went through his mind. Maybe he thought you'd be over it, and that you would be happy for him. We don't know.

Generally when men do this its black and white, we women tend to over analyse... Men (generally speaking, not all of them) put things in a box and close it...

He's married now, I'm sorry it hurts you, truly I am. Heartbreak isn't easy ( that's why we have places like this site to express our hurt), you need to move on. Calm your thoughts, remove it from your mind.

I'm still not getting why this was OK for him to make sure I knew except to be mean. He should have just kept that door closed....I didn't need to see that...it's just hurtful....and unfortunately he got a reaction.

Your reasoning is flawed. If he had actively sent you his wedding pics by email or post then THAT would be making sure that you knew. For all he knew, you had blocked him forever, therefore, you would never see these photos. If you hadn't snooped, you wouldn't have learned about it. A wedding is a big deal. Some people like to share their photos with the rest of the world to declare their love and commitment for the person they married. If you were over him and married yourself, chances are that you would not care about protecting his feelings either. You need to check your ego. His world does not revolve around your feelings - at least not anymore and that's the way it should be.

Your reasoning is flawed. If he had actively sent you his wedding pics by email or post then THAT would be making sure that you knew. For all he knew, you had blocked him forever, therefore, you would never see these photos. If you hadn't snooped, you wouldn't have learned about it. A wedding is a big deal. Some people like to share their photos with the rest of the world to declare their love and commitment for the person they married. If you were over him and married yourself, chances are that you would not care about protecting his feelings either. You need to check your ego. His world does not revolve around your feelings - at least not anymore and that's the way it should be.

I think OP's mindset is really SET on him trying to hurt her! She's not understanding that she's doing it to herself by looking at his FB and keeping him as a friend on FB. She's not not understanding that SHE is the one that has to protect her feelings by blocking and deleting him. I tried to reason with her but doesn't seem to be working.

I just can't imagine, going through my friends list and un check all of my exes just so I could post my wedding photos. It's a bit silly to me. Oh well, to each of their own.

He didn't do it on purpose, to hurt you, I'm sure of that. He has long moved on and probably thought you did too. Your relationship is probably just a distant memory for him, and you know how it is, we tend to remember the good stuff.

Or, maybe he wanted to give you closure, if he somehow heard that you were still hoping you'd get back together, or if you kept messaging him. I highly doubt it was malicious.

Instead of focusing on why he unblocked you, you need to try and switch your focus towards the fact that he has long moved on, and that it's time you let go. Block him yourself, so you don't have to look at his updates, that's the only way you'll stop ruminating and torturing yourself, and the first step towards really moving on.

There is more to it that I won't discuss on this board. And yes, in a way, unblocking me on FB is really like sending it direct to my email. It is a way of "showing" me without looking like a bad person by emailing or telling me direct. I guess my logic may seem flawed to some of you but I just see it as an unkind move. If I was no longer a thought than why even think about unblocking me....he shouldn't be thinking of me at all.

Anyways folks, as you should know, logic never plays into issues like this. To make excuses for him doesn't make sense either.

Agree he did nothing wrong since you initiated unblocking. He's married and you should have moved on a long time ago also, no? With exes, remaining no contact and deleting and blocking is the best option for this very reason.

I unblocked him not expecting anything and low and behold he had unblocked me too and was married with wedding pictures all over the screen.

Archived