Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ex unblocks me from FB to show he is married

JenniferN10

Angry Ex unblocks me from FB to show he is married

Should I not be upset if my ex unblocks me from facebook to show he is married? Why would someone do that. He had to know I'd be sensitive. Our last communication was me apologizing for being mean to him when he refused to take me back. He accepted but at the end of the email stated he didn't want any kind of contact. I complied and we blocked each other on FB. Months later in a moment of weakness, I unblocked him not expecting anything and low and behold he had unblocked me too and was married with wedding pictures all over the screen. It was like being stabbed in the heart. Some family members think he did nothing wrong. Am I missing something?

jujusamples
    It's time to unblock him and keep it that way! Your family is right, he did nothing wrong, all he did was got married. You beg and pleaded and he did the right by telling to have N/C. I'm assuming time has passed, he probably thought you are over the relationship, and unblocked you. Sometimes I go into my FB and unblock people because I feel that I'm fully healed and both parties have moved on.

Why did you unblock him if you are still not over him?

3. Thanks Hollyj, Wiseman2 thanked for this post
    Lisii
    Hi Jennifer, I dont think there is anything to read... apart from it's time to accept it, it's the past.

If anything he's saying 'look I've moved on'.

Time to put that chapter behind you sweets. ☺,

5. Thanks Wiseman2 thanked for this post
    Ms Darcy
    I'm going to put it nicely, I don't think he's thinking about you like that. If he's married, he's sharing it on facebook because he's happy.

Blocking/unblocking doesn't mean much other than "I'm willing to look at this person's page."

You aren't over him, remove him permanently from FB. Problem solved.

7. Thanks Lisii, Wiseman2 thanked for this post
    JenniferN10

I unblocked him in a moment of weakness and I was missing him. I already knew he had moved on....he chose this girl over me even though when we were broken up he always said I just needed to say the word and he would be back with me. Well I said the word when he was less than a month into this new relationship. It was the worst pain I ever felt.

"Blocking/Unblocking" is a way to keep people from bugging you.

So he knew this would potentially be provocative. If he knew it might hurt me or cause trouble, why would he do that? If he didn't want to be friends, why would he do that? Would it not be better just to keep someone blocked to be kind? I have another ex that I will not ever unblock from FB because I don't want to be friends but more importantly I don't want to provoke any emotions.

Lisii
    If you were mean to him then I would say this is to reiterate to you he that he has moved on with someone who cares about him.

As said above.. it doesn't matter. It's over, he's made it obvious.

Time to put it behind you, block him, sorry to be harsh, but its taking too much of your mindset.. try and let it go.

10. Thanks Ms Darcy, jujusamples thanked for this post
    Ms Darcy
    Again, you're making it about you in a way that it might not be.

All that matters is that he's moved on. Time for you to do that too.

12. Thanks Hollyj, jujusamples, Lisii thanked for this post
    Hollyj
    Platinum Member
    When did you break up?

JenniferN10

I was mean because of the rejection and I apologized. I already knew he had moved on. I'm still not getting why this was OK for him to make sure I knew except to be mean. He should have just kept that door closed....I didn't need to see that...it's just hurtful....and unfortunately he got a reaction.

jujusamples
    Quote Originally Posted by JenniferN10 [Register to see the link]
    I unblocked him in a moment of weakness and I was missing him. I already knew he had moved on....he chose this girl over me even though when we were broken up he always said I just needed to say the word and he would be back with me. Well I said the word when he was less than a month into this new relationship. It was the worst pain I ever felt.

"Blocking/Unblocking" is a way to keep people from bugging you.

So he knew this would potentially be provocative. If he knew it might hurt me or cause trouble, why would he do that? If he didn't want to be friends, why would he do that? Would it not be better just to keep someone blocked to be kind? I have another ex that I will not ever unblock from FB because I don't want to be friends but more importantly I don't want to provoke any emotions.
    You just don't get it do you? Why would you unblock someone when you still have feelings for them? Missing someone is still feelings? Wondering whatever he's doing with his wedding photos on FB is still feelings.

Not having feelings and okay to have an ex on FB is when you "JUST DON'T CARE" anymore. I'm happy for my exes if I see they got married and vice versa. That's how you could keep a mutual friendship with an ex, NO MORE FEELINGS and they are nothing more than a casual friend or an acquaintance.

By the way, why don't you keep him blocked, instead of thinking, wouldn't it be kind if he keeps you blocked? You can't control what he does, you can only control yourself.

You already know he move before he got married. So why do you think he's posting wedding pictures to get on your nerves? I posts my wedding photos on FB because I'm excited that I got married. No intentions of hurting anyone's feelings. My theory is if they don't like it than they are free to delete me.

You have to understand, this is NOT about you! You are just taking it personally and making it all about you. Have you consider counselling to help you get over this person?

16. Thanks Lisii, skiddil thanked for this post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Top Threads
Ex unblocks me from FB to show he is married
Should I not be upset if my ex unblocks me from facebook to show he is married? Why would someone do that. He had to know I'd be sensitive. Our last
I want my ex boyfriend back but I am lost
My ex boyfriend and i have history backing up to about 7 years. Never actually boyfriend and girlfriend just the timing was never right. Well this
Ex girlfriend keeps blocking and unblocking me on Facebook
I know there are alot of these on here but my ex does the whole blocking and unblocking thing every single week. What does this mean? I blocked her
Should I stay or should I go?
I've done a silly thing, which has left me very much questioning my new relationship... I started seeing a guy, last year, who has a young child
Somebody tell me there is a chance
My ex GF and I dated for 7 years. I'm 47 and she's 42, in case that helps. She was "all in" from day one but I was reserved. She started talking
Why won't my ex boyfriend say my name ?
Hi , A description of what transpired : He and I (my Ex) had plans to go to dinner and he would pick me up at 19:30 he was always punctual so I
I stayed in a dream love story alone.
I tell you my detailed story, I need help what to do. [I](sorry for my English)[/I] Years ago when I had a non serious relationship, one night I

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
Dating younger guy 24 years difference
I am 50 yrs old dating a 26 yrs old guy. We been dating each other for a couple months things are great between us. He told me he will always be
Boyfriend gets very angry if I mention his ex, is this normal?
Hi everyone! My boyfriend and I have been dating for almost 5months. He broke up with his ex and a year and a half ago. 7 months after they
Should I let my boyfriend stay overnight with his friends?
Hi there. Firstly thank you for reading this post. I am a new member to this forum, and also will soon be new immigrant of the UK so basically there
Is this abuse?
Iím desperate for some advice. Iíve been with my partner for nearly 2 years and everything has been ok, except from when he drinks. I really do not
Is there hope for me?
Me and my girlfriend of two years had been talking about moving in together lately. We didn't actually go look at any place in person, but browsed a
Bringing up trust issues at the start of a new relationship? My situation...
Haven't been on these boards since my last break up a couple years ago, and here I am about to begin a new relationship with feelings from the last
Whats my next move - Dating a girl fresh out of a relationship
Hey guys, So heres the deal. Met a girl in class and I asked her out. Her answer was "maybe" because she didn't want to say no to me but just
Ask For Advice