Why won't my ex boyfriend say my name ?

Hi ,

A description of what transpired : He and I (my Ex) had plans to go to dinner and he would pick me up at 19:30 he was always punctual so I got worried when at 20:00 he wasn't at my house yet , I called him and he answered , he said : don't you ever call me again and hung up, I immediately called him back and this time he screamed : can't you listen don't you( profanity )ever call me again or talk to me and hung up again . I sat there with the phone in my hand in utter shock I was horrified,my heart sank broke shattered , I knew this was real and we were done I can't explain it but I knew it maybe because he never spoke to me like that before .The next day a mutual friend of ours came over and told me that my EX told him that he had cheated and she ended up pregnant. We use to live in close proximity of each other and saw each other often on the street , had mutual friends but I never spoke to him again . I moved overseas three months after ,I couldn't bear it anymore(he was my true love ,I've never felt that deep anymore ).push foward to now , seven years ago , I went back and I saw him at friends several times at first we didn't talk but after a week or so I approached him and asked him how he was ...but now everytime we talk or he says hi to me he calls me by my surname he never says my given name , he treats me as one of the boys , he shakes hands with me or fist bumps me it's like he is afraid to touch me it's like I did him wrong ; out of all this the not calling me by my name annoys and infuriates me so much . WHY is he doing that ?

It sounds like perhaps whomever he is currently dating was with him when you called, and he put on a big show for her, pretending that you are an annoying ex who won't leave him alone or something to that effect. I would bet any money that's what happened.

This guy is not someone you want to rekindle things with. Just let him go so you can find someone who actually wants to be with you and doesn't lash out.

Thank you @MissCanuck; Actually he told me that she was there yes, they broke up after the baby was born. He isn't in a relationship as far as I know. No I don't want to rekindle things with him I'm in a relationship . he's angry at me for taking such drastic matters to move overseas in his words , the fact that I haven't spoken to him for 7 years and now he acts like that , not saying my name , being angry at me . I think I'm going to cut our communication off again .

Why are you talking at all to this a&&hat in the first place? He is a terrible person, what about that don't you get?

Cut him dead the next time you see him. In fact, I give you full permission to from here on out refer to him as the "Cheater Idiot" to all your friends and to snub him openly.

You know he screamed at you like that, because the girl was there and he had told her you two were broken up and you were stalking him, right? That's what that was about.

What part of trying to be civil to a terrible person doesn't work do you not get? Go full NC, in public look right through him as if he isn't there, move on. It's done. He's a cheater and liar who can't even act civilized over his own bad behaviors, because he's the one who cheated and didn't even have the decency to tell you it was over.

Make him be fully dead to you, in fact think of it that way, you'll believe it soon enough. I'm not sure why you think continuing to reward him for his bad behaviors by being nice to him is going to get you anything.

Sorry but why bother with him at all? Agree you should just cut all contact.

I approached him and asked him how he was ...but now everytime we talk or he says hi to me he calls me by my surname he never says my given name , he treats me as one of the boys , he shakes hands with me or fist bumps me.
Thank you @MissCanuck; Actually he told me that she was there yes, they broke up after the baby was born. He isn't in a relationship as far as I know. No I don't want to rekindle things with him I'm in a relationship . he's angry at me for taking such drastic matters to move overseas in his words , the fact that I haven't spoken to him for 7 years and now he acts like that , not saying my name , being angry at me . I think I'm going to cut our communication off again .

Wait, what?

Why do you care what your ex thinks or does when you have a boyfriend? Does your boyfriend know you hang out with your ex?

Archived