Let this be a lesson to all men trying to find that special someone

sd95

Always delete old text messages to avoid sending a message to the wrong person.

I have a date tomorrow and thought I was emailing my friend and said

"Got to pick up some chap stick and gum for my date tomorrow "

That message went to a girl I just met two days ago and had one phone conversation with. Because I have a habit of not deleting texts so I just to the message of the person I want to send a message too.

So to avoid this in the future I will delete all old texts so I don't send a message to the wrong person.

Damm. One of the dumbest things I have ever done

Learn from me guys

Always delete old text messages to avoid sending a message to the wrong person.

I have a date tomorrow and thought I was emailing my friend and said

"Got to pick up some chap stick and gum for my date tomorrow "

That message went to a girl I just met two days ago and had one phone conversation with. Because I have a habit of not deleting texts so I just to the message of the person I want to send a message too.

So to avoid this in the future I will delete all old texts so I don't send a message to the wrong person.

Damm. One of the dumbest things I have ever done

Learn from me guys

O.m.g. she must be laughing her head off right now

Too funny. I'd be laughing but I wouldn't cancel the date. Not like we are exclusive and you are cheating on me or something. You are supposed to be going out on dates and meeting people, same as she would be doing too.

A date isn't a commitment to anything more than spending some time getting to know you.

I think i would want to go out with you more, not less. Because i would have to see the guy that sent that, and laugh about it, and that would break the ice. We'd have a great time.

Well I will see if she responds but I think it's over

She might not want to be with a chapstick addict. My cousin stopped using. He went thru a couple weeks of withdrawals. All that flaky skin for days on end. All the stares and comments by little children. Constant phone calls from drug reps with wrong information thinking you have roseashia. Take this time and get off that stuff before it ruins your life.

I actually pulled something extremely similar with a gal who ended up being one of my high-point relationships. I'm pretty good at filtering in the more independent types, so she laughed it off and teased me a bit. Neither of us expected the other to not be multi-dating so soon in, even if it's not something you casually talk about.

Really, while you might get some women who are scared off because they might think you're a "player," most sensible and independent women would laugh it off and chalk it up to the simple mistake it was. It happens. Don't kick yourself too hard. Best of luck in your dating escapades.

I got, what I am pretty darn sure a 'mistaken text', couple months ago.

A guy friend ( who's in ways, an ex).. but was regularly chatting me up.....

One day, he was just finishing work.. and I got a text saying, ' Hi babe, what time you done work?'.

I replied with.. I think you got the wrong person!

he said.. ' No, got no other chat going'..

*eyeroll*.. whatever!

Then proceeded to add .. " lolol... the things people say on tv nowadays'.

I never replied back... thinking... you're already in the hole... stop 'faking it'.... duh!

That does kind of suck. I've been there a few times so can empathize what you're going through. My grand Poobah of text message flubs was accidentally texting my ex-wife (among other things) that I was thinking about her. Man! That sinking feeling when you look and see what you've actually texted to whom. Lol.

Last summer i sent, to the guy I had started dating, a text meant for my gf about the guy I was dating. Big oops. I no longer remember what it said. I think it implied the presence of some competition, which was true. Somehow I clawed him back. Don't remember how. Thank goodness he turned out to be expendable.

I was horrified.

Her response is Big plus. It sounds like this date with her will be fun. Good luck!

Ok so it looks like she wasn't bothered by it and sent me a lol. I just got off the phone with her so everything is the way it was when I woke up this morning

I'm still deleting all texts from now on lol

]

Archived