Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: On and off relationships... help

sc1234

On and off relationships... help

I've been dating this guy on and off for about 5 months now. We get into fights, end things then get back together. ( i know this isnt a healthy relationship already) but for some reason I am obsessed with him.(dont know why lol). We started talking again, but things are very different.... Before he used to talk to me 24/7 every day and would get upset if i didnt respond right away. I enjoyed the attention and could tell he really liked me. He would always ask when he would be seeing me next etc. Anywyas things this time are very different. I keep nagging asking if he really wants to get back into this because it truly feel like he doesnt... Hell msg me every couple of hours, is becoming a bit more distant but promises me he isnt. I even woke up to a txt this morning (after confonting him last night that I felt things were different) along the lines of "night babe, i dont want you to think im being cold because im not, i miss you" ........... I didnt respond, acted like i didnt care and he txted me again this morning wondering why i didnt reply. We talked for a bit and then he said "have a good day at work i have some work to do babe txt me lateR" He would NEVER leave me alone like this before... Do you think hes not interested anymore??? or trying to gain control?? It's just soo not like him. so im confused. its like as soon as I care, he doesnt, as soon as I don't care, he does. do you think maybe cause I keep asking him what's wrong/why hes being different etc that's pulling him away or is he simply not interested?

Anwyays just looking for some advice on how to make him want me again and to gain the upper hand..
    Last edited by sc1234; 03-17-2017 at 02:29 PM.

SherrySher
    How old are you two? Have you met in person or is this all online?

3. Thanks sc1234 thanked for this post
    sc1234
    im 23 and hes 26.... no its long distance! we visit eachother back and fourth.

Wiseman2
    Is this a LDR? How often do you see each other? What are the fights about?

So many red flags here and the slow down in texts isn't really one of them.

Texting 24/7 sounds exhausting, too much too soon and over-saturated and as if on a text-tether leash. Yes, nagging about 'what's wrong" when the texting isn't excessive and incessant could have been annoying.

Just pull back, stop the relationship texts and wait until he texts you. Let things calm down.
    Quote Originally Posted by sc1234 [Register to see the link]
    I've been dating this guy on and off for about 5 months now. We get into fights, end things then get back together. Before he used to talk to me 24/7 every day and would get upset if i didnt respond right away. he said "have a good day at work i have some work to do babe txt me lateR"

6. Thanks sc1234, lostlove76, vesper thanked for this post
    SherrySher
    Do you think that maybe some of the fighting could be due to the distance?

sc1234
    I agree with the texting. It's just weird to me how he was text obsessive with me before ( i was never like that ) and now he has no problem saying "okay txt me later" ... Do you think something is going on?

reinventmyself
    Often times someone's intensity is not a reflection of how special you are to them. It often has more to do with how insecure they are. It might have nothing to do with you.
    I know in the past when someone blew up my phone. . I naively thought that they must really like me. It wasn't the case. They just had low self esteem and trust issues.
    I must have as well or would have thought otherwise.

Things that don't start well, don't end well. Do you really think there is a chance things will get better for you two?
    It looks like you've tied your self worth to whether this guy likes you or not. I'll bet if you had him, you might not actually want him.

10. Thanks sc1234 thanked for this post
    sc1234
    He is very insecure so I can see that. But what made him get confidence back though to not want to talk to me 24/7 I dont get it...........

reinventmyself
    Quote Originally Posted by sc1234 [Register to see the link]
    He is very insecure so I can see that. But what made him get confidence back though to not want to talk to me 24/7 I dont get it...........
    who knows. . maybe he got tired of all the push and pull and decided the drama wasn't worth it.
    How come you haven't come to this conclusion before him?

sc1234
    Yes of course thats why. when were together we never fight!!!! It is definitely the long distance

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Top Threads
How long will it take?
My boyfriend and I broke up 9 days ago but haven't been in contact for 2 days. Well we broke up cause he wants to be single and experience life. I'm
GF breaks up but now needs emotional support
Hi all, I've posted in here before but there has been an update on my situation this week. This is where we are at: My GF of 3 years broke up
Hurting
It's been 10 days. It still hurts as much as the first day. I want to see him. To make it all feel better. Just to talk to him. I can't stop thinking
I need some advice on my situation
So I was dumped a month and a bit ago by my girlfriend of 6 years. And as you could have guessed I didnt want to lose her but i gave her the reason
An ex i cant give up on
I started dating this guy about a year ago - we clicked straight away and he ticked box's i didnt even know i had - it was my first relationship
Hurting...and scared
Hi everyone, I apologize ahead of time for this incredibly long post but for everyone to truly understand the situation, I felt it was necessary
Should i drag it on after 7 months
I need some like minded advice My sister apparently talked to her friend and she told my sister that my ex wanted to takea break for a while

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
Dating younger guy 24 years difference
I am 50 yrs old dating a 26 yrs old guy. We been dating each other for a couple months things are great between us. He told me he will always be
Boyfriend gets very angry if I mention his ex, is this normal?
Hi everyone! My boyfriend and I have been dating for almost 5months. He broke up with his ex and a year and a half ago. 7 months after they
Should I let my boyfriend stay overnight with his friends?
Hi there. Firstly thank you for reading this post. I am a new member to this forum, and also will soon be new immigrant of the UK so basically there
Is this abuse?
Iím desperate for some advice. Iíve been with my partner for nearly 2 years and everything has been ok, except from when he drinks. I really do not
Is there hope for me?
Me and my girlfriend of two years had been talking about moving in together lately. We didn't actually go look at any place in person, but browsed a
Bringing up trust issues at the start of a new relationship? My situation...
Haven't been on these boards since my last break up a couple years ago, and here I am about to begin a new relationship with feelings from the last
Whats my next move - Dating a girl fresh out of a relationship
Hey guys, So heres the deal. Met a girl in class and I asked her out. Her answer was "maybe" because she didn't want to say no to me but just
Ask For Advice