Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: On and off relationships... help

sc1234

On and off relationships... help

I've been dating this guy on and off for about 5 months now. We get into fights, end things then get back together. ( i know this isnt a healthy relationship already) but for some reason I am obsessed with him.(dont know why lol). We started talking again, but things are very different.... Before he used to talk to me 24/7 every day and would get upset if i didnt respond right away. I enjoyed the attention and could tell he really liked me. He would always ask when he would be seeing me next etc. Anywyas things this time are very different. I keep nagging asking if he really wants to get back into this because it truly feel like he doesnt... Hell msg me every couple of hours, is becoming a bit more distant but promises me he isnt. I even woke up to a txt this morning (after confonting him last night that I felt things were different) along the lines of "night babe, i dont want you to think im being cold because im not, i miss you" ........... I didnt respond, acted like i didnt care and he txted me again this morning wondering why i didnt reply. We talked for a bit and then he said "have a good day at work i have some work to do babe txt me lateR" He would NEVER leave me alone like this before... Do you think hes not interested anymore??? or trying to gain control?? It's just soo not like him. so im confused. its like as soon as I care, he doesnt, as soon as I don't care, he does. do you think maybe cause I keep asking him what's wrong/why hes being different etc that's pulling him away or is he simply not interested?

Anwyays just looking for some advice on how to make him want me again and to gain the upper hand..
    Last edited by sc1234; 03-17-2017 at 02:29 PM.

SherrySher
    How old are you two? Have you met in person or is this all online?

3. Thanks sc1234 thanked for this post
    sc1234
    im 23 and hes 26.... no its long distance! we visit eachother back and fourth.

Wiseman2
    Is this a LDR? How often do you see each other? What are the fights about?

So many red flags here and the slow down in texts isn't really one of them.

Texting 24/7 sounds exhausting, too much too soon and over-saturated and as if on a text-tether leash. Yes, nagging about 'what's wrong" when the texting isn't excessive and incessant could have been annoying.

Just pull back, stop the relationship texts and wait until he texts you. Let things calm down.
    Quote Originally Posted by sc1234 [Register to see the link]
    I've been dating this guy on and off for about 5 months now. We get into fights, end things then get back together. Before he used to talk to me 24/7 every day and would get upset if i didnt respond right away. he said "have a good day at work i have some work to do babe txt me lateR"

6. Thanks sc1234, lostlove76, vesper thanked for this post
    SherrySher
    Do you think that maybe some of the fighting could be due to the distance?

sc1234
    I agree with the texting. It's just weird to me how he was text obsessive with me before ( i was never like that ) and now he has no problem saying "okay txt me later" ... Do you think something is going on?

reinventmyself
    Often times someone's intensity is not a reflection of how special you are to them. It often has more to do with how insecure they are. It might have nothing to do with you.
    I know in the past when someone blew up my phone. . I naively thought that they must really like me. It wasn't the case. They just had low self esteem and trust issues.
    I must have as well or would have thought otherwise.

Things that don't start well, don't end well. Do you really think there is a chance things will get better for you two?
    It looks like you've tied your self worth to whether this guy likes you or not. I'll bet if you had him, you might not actually want him.

10. Thanks sc1234 thanked for this post
    sc1234
    He is very insecure so I can see that. But what made him get confidence back though to not want to talk to me 24/7 I dont get it...........

reinventmyself
    Quote Originally Posted by sc1234 [Register to see the link]
    He is very insecure so I can see that. But what made him get confidence back though to not want to talk to me 24/7 I dont get it...........
    who knows. . maybe he got tired of all the push and pull and decided the drama wasn't worth it.
    How come you haven't come to this conclusion before him?

sc1234
    Yes of course thats why. when were together we never fight!!!! It is definitely the long distance

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Top Threads
When will he stop partying and miss me?
My ex-bf of 3.5 years and I mutually broke up due to a lot of fighting towards the end of our relationship. After the split, I realized that I still
Being made out to be the bad guy
My friends are getting tired of "having to split time between my ex and I". My ex has told me she wants to be friends but she isn't interested in
Is A Small Gesture Really That Harmful When Trying To Reattract Your Ex-Girlfriend?
Well a bit of a long story but I'll cut to it. Me and my ex-girlfriend broke up about 2-months ago, to me the wound, feelings and emotions still feel
Is it too late ?
[FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Arial][/FONT][/FONT]Theres this girl that Ive been best friends with for about 6-7 years. I always had the biggest crush on
Breakup because of depression
When we first started dating she made it clear to me that she suffered from depression and that while at the time she wasn't depressed, she warned me
don't know what to do after breaking up this way, still in love with her
the day before yesterday we broke up after being 3-4 months together, ive met her after she had a 10 year relationship and was single for a year
No contact... missed opportunity?
So this is something thatís always bothered me. I recently posted about my ex girlfriend of 3 years breaking up with me over 8 months ago and still

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
My (ex?) girlfriend has anorexia and it probably destroyed our relationship - what to do?
Hello. I would like to tell my story. I am a 22 year-old male dating an 18 year-old female, though we have probably broken up today. This is
Question about how I should handle the finances in my marriage
I recently married my bf of 5 years and we are expecting a baby early next year. Since then I've found out some rather disturbing things about his
married now found out she cheated while we were dating Im so confused help
We have been married 2 years and dated a long time before we were married (16yrs) 5 years into our relationship my wife , then gf went on a cruise
Wanting To Be With Loved One In After-Life
Has anyone who has ever lost a loved one with whom they were extremely close and loved dearly ever thought about taking his/her own life so as to be
Does everyone have some positive qualities?
Since the day I had been dumped (got dumped in April and after all the failed efforts to reconcile, accepted his decision in mid July). I feel I am a
I it wrong to date my sister's ex boyfriend?
My sister was dating a guy for two month, and me and her bf start being friends until they broke up.....i have feelings for him and he also loves me
She left me because she thinks I'm dumb
I have been in relationship with this girl and moved to her country 3 months ago and lately things are going pretty bad and she is seeking for a
Ask For Advice