Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 22 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: She became distant when her ex-husband got married. Now I'm friend zoned.

cousin
    Bronze Member

She became distant when her ex-husband got married. Now I'm friend zoned.

I (39/M) met her (31/F) on a dating site a month and a half ago. We've gone on several dates. I have spent the night at her place five or six times.

During the first few weeks of dating, she was into me big time. She texted me nonstop and called me all the time. She always initiated sex. Things got physical on the second date even though she initially said she didn't want to sleep together until marriage. She comes from a very religious family. She has been divorced for two years. She and her ex have two young children together.

Her ex-husband cheated on her and ended up marrying the woman he cheated with a couple of weeks ago. The woman I've been seeing told me that she was "really sad" about it. She even visited her sister across the country to distract herself during the wedding. She posts things about divorce on social media all of the time.

I noticed that she has been very distant lately via texting since the trip. She actually looked like she was in a daze when I dropped her off at the airport. She only texted me once during the trip. It was the night before she was to come back. She was drunk.

I have texted her first almost every time since she got back from her trip. The only time she texted me first was to ask me to stay over this past Saturday.

I asked her a couple of days ago if we need to talk. She said that she doesn't see me as a "long term romantic partner." She also said she "was forcing" herself to see things about us that weren't there. She also said she wants to continue hanging out as friends but that is all. She told me I didn't do anything wrong. I asked her if she was interested in someone else, she said she doesn't want to date anyone right now. She assured me that it will be a long time before she goes back to dating anyone else.

She is on a trip with her family and friends right now. She said that she'd like to "chat" when she gets back next week. I'm not sure if we should continue being friends or just cut her off completely.

Lostinlove31
    Cut her off conpletely. She is still in turmoil over the kast relationship. She is trying to cure herself instead of seeking counseling or healthy outlets

Hollyj
    Platinum Member
    Stop wasting your time! She will use you as a sounding board/therapist.

I'm sorry, but she used you as a rebound. Move on.

You can't be friends when there are feelings.

Wiseman2
    Sorry to hear this. It sounds like this was painful for her.

Unfortunately she doesn't sound ready for a relationship and at least she acknowledges this openly. She's open to hookups and casual sex for a distraction, it seems.

If she shifted from fwb to friendzone then yeah, after 6 weeks of dating just cut the cord it's not worth the drama.
    Quote Originally Posted by cousin [Register to see the link]
    a month and a half ago. We've gone on several dates. I have spent the night at her place five or six times. She said that she doesn't see me as a "long term romantic partner." She also said she wants to continue hanging out as friends but that is all.

cousin
    Bronze Member
    I agree with you. I don't really think we can meet up as friends at this point. I thought she was past her ex-husband when she told me she had dated a few guys since the divorce. I've seen old pics on Facebook of her and guys, so I was certain she just hadn't found the right guy. I guess I was wrong.

cousin
    Bronze Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseman2 [Register to see the link]
    Sorry to hear this. It sounds like this was painful for her.

Unfortunately she doesn't sound ready for a relationship and at least she acknowledges this openly. She's open to hookups and casual sex for a distraction, it seems.

If she shifted from fwb to friendzone then yeah, after 6 weeks of dating just cut the cord it's not worth the drama.
    I think it was probably hard for her. I just don't understand how she can go from inviting me to sleep over one night to breaking things off (via text) three days later.

Blue68
    I really don't see any point in being friends with her. She is just hoping to lean on you for emotional support because she is clearly not over her ex-husband. It is better to cut all communication now before you fall any deeper. Besides, the "friendship" will only really work one way because it will most likely be all on her terms.

cousin
    Bronze Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue68 [Register to see the link]
    I really don't see any point in being friends with her. She is just hoping to lean on you for emotional support because she is clearly not over her ex-husband. It is better to cut all communication now before you fall any deeper.
    I keep thinking she will get over him now that he is married. We haven't spoken over the phone or in person about this. I feel like she will change her mind if we discuss it in person.

SherrySher
    Cut this completely, there is no point in continuing anything further.
    Start new with someone else who is ready for a relationship and is not still hung up on the past.

Hollyj
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cousin [Register to see the link]
    I think it was probably hard for her. I just don't understand how she can go from inviting me to sleep over one night to breaking things off (via text) three days later.
    If someone is not emotionally available, it's easy. She not over the ex.

Page 1 of 22 1234 ... LastLast
Top Threads
Is it really none of my business?
So I've been seeing this guy on and off for 3 years, the last time we hung out I asked him out of curiousity, who was the last girl he slept with
The rejection text 😔
Eugh. Finally meet a lovely guy. Things seem to be going well and we go on lots of lovely dates. He's communicative and just generally lovely. And
Why do we pick people who don't want us?
I have an issue picking men to date who are either emotionally unavailable or trying to play around until they come back to me. They show signs that
Fantastic date, but cause for concern?
Had a fantastic date the other night. Met someone who ticks all that I want with a girl, but obviously trying not to get my hopes up too soon. We
Dating a single mom
Hello ena patrons... I'm in need of perspective. I've been seeing a single mom for about a year now. There's a bit of a long-distance thing with
Where did I screw up here? Is there any chance with her?
I met a great girl a little over a month ago online. We sent messages back and forth for a week (every day) before finally meeting up. When we met
Does this guy like me?
So I feel very confused. This guy started at my work a few months ago. He is my co-workers student intern. I didn't look twice at him, assuming he

Featured Threads
What eNotAlone gave you?
I wonder mostly about long-time members who decided to be a part of this community. Has this forum enriched your lives, and if so, in what
How to end things with him
Iíve been dating this guy for 2 months. In the beginning he was very sweet and romantic, however I learned in the last month or so that he is
My ex bf told me he wants sex, nudes and me to loan him money until he's stable... Should I lend $?
Hello.. I am 22 I met my ex bf (21) 3 years ago in college. He dropped out of college after the first semester.. he didn't go to finals. He stayed in
How Should I have handled it?
My GF and I were together for about 5 months. Things were great except for some of my questioning her online activity which challenged her. All
My Ex Husband still berates me
Hello, first off I am not sure why I am on a forum but.. I need an anonymous outlet I guess because my friends and family all say the same thing
Yall ready for a messed up one...
Okay, so i cheated on my bf about 6 month ms into our relationship with a guy 20 years older then me at our work. And it was a rule that it was only
Iím at a really bad state of mind right now
Itís been a little over the month since the breakup, since then, heís messaged me 2-3 times about random topics (that I donít care about), and has
Ask For Advice