Dad blames me.

nightwing13

So a huge argument broke out between my father, mother, and myself. It is over my college. I've failed two classes over the course of three years in pharmacy school with one more chance next semester before I get expelled if I fail one last time. In the mean time, I am taking classes that count toward my bachelors, but one class is giving me so much trouble. I don't know what to do and it feels like I'll never get a degree. One of my biggest weaknesses is probably time management.

So it started yesterday when my father pointed out how successful my sister was for doing her work (she is a teacher) and how lazy I was for playing video games during spring break.

Then today, we were suppose to go out of town for the weekend to drop me off at college this weekend and my dad started to pick on me. My mom was telling him to stop, because no one wanted to talk about it in the car and all my siblings were in the back. It escalated very quickly and usually I'm the kind of person who bottles up my feelings and deals with them by myself, but I just couldn't take anymore, and I definitely am not the kind of person to talk back to my parents. Everything spilled out however, and I just told him to stop because I couldn't deal with the pressure, then I told him to just shut up, and at even one point I said "I just want to ing die." We parked the car, and he had some more words to say, and my mom said she hated him and to move out. Then he called someone to pick him up, told me that I was the reason for all this mess, then left.

When we drove back home, my mom said she was only defending me on the part where my dad is constantly bringing up my college, and that I was wrong for several things and that I need to accept responsibility and own up to why I failed

I just don't know what to do.... some days I really do wish I was dead. I never meant for any of this to happen. I tried my best in college and the I only need two classes to graduate. But I'm just stuck... I feel hopeless, and I've been in college for almost 5 years. I wanted to help my family. But I'm just so useless at this moment..... what can I do?

Yep, put your nose to the grindstone, but not for them, for yourself. Get into study groups, get a tutor, spend more time at the library studying, ask the professors for extra help, etc. Stop goofing off or partying if that's an issue.

Are they paying for this? Keep your eye on the prize and that is graduating, getting a job and getting out of the house on your own away from family drama.

I've failed two classes over the course of three years in pharmacy school with one more chance next semester before I get expelled if I fail one last time. how lazy I was for playing video games during spring break. my mom said she hated him and to move out. I tried my best in college and the I only need two classes to graduate.

You can do this, you've only got two classes to go! You've accomplished a lot so far, this is only the last little bit. Try to work things out with your family, they only want the best for you. Finishing this degree will set you up for a good career and decent money, thus a better lifestyle.

Don't wish you were dead, you've got a lot of good yet to come and these issues are only temporary and can be fixed.

Archived