Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm lost and confused

Jadzia

I'm lost and confused

This is my first time on here. I am at a loss and need help. I met a man on Facebook from a group. I wasn't looking to meet anyone long distance at all for a relationship. Just chit chat and making online friends is fun since I don't go out a lot. I am 45 with 3 kids.
    We ended up hitting it off and unexpectedly fell for one another. It lead to talking on the phone and video chat daily. He lives 3k miles away.
    It's been 3 months and the things we've talked and shared are pretty deep. He's been hurt in the past as I have too, both been divorced for years so in which we were surprised to have broken down walls and opened up to each other so deeply. We have even gotten to committing to each other and putting our relationship open on Facebook. We've talked about plans for our future together and him moving here next year when his daughter graduates and goes off to college.
    We have expressed mutual that we in love and must be soul mates. ( Is this possible) I've never felt this comfortable with anyone other than him. We planned for him to spend a week with me in April. He's already bought the plane ticket.
    All of a sudden, I got a message that his family is stressing him and made him feel like sh*t. He needs time to sort this out on his own. I tried to give him space and only messaged here and there that I am here for him and love him. He message me he loved me too than nothing for a week. Then a week ago he message me that he can't be with me, I don't deserve to be treated with silence. He is not worthy of my love. One day he will ask for my forgiveness but not anytime soon.
    He also blocked me on Facebook and his phone. No contact. I haven't heard anything for two weeks now.
    Idk what happened and I am beside myself. I cry everyday. I feel broken. I used to be a confident woman. Now I walk with my head down so no other man with try to me. I can't barely eat. I put a fake smile in front of my kids so they don't see me sad. When they go to sleep all I do is break down into tears.
    I thought of mailing him a card to let him know I'll be waiting at the airport as planned. In hopes he will come. Do you think I am wasting my time? I truly feel in my soul that he is my soul mate. Please help. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

SherrySher
    How old is he? Are you sure he's not married? Seeing as you've not met in person you can't say for sure that he isn't married or doesn't have a girlfriend. people online can catfish very easily if for nothing else, out of boredom.

It's very difficult to know for sure what or whom you're dealing with if you've only ever spoke to them from a distance.

3. Thanks Wiseman2, Jadzia, Annia thanked for this post
    Wiseman2
    Sorry to hear this happened. Perhaps he wasn't ready to meet in person or married or lying or faking it? No, do not send a letter or go to the airport. Stay no contact and delete and block him. Where was he from and why did he want to move to you?

However this indicates that you are ready to start dating again. Start getting involved in your local life again. Your kids, family, friends, work, interests,etc. Start working out, get a new hairstyle and clothes.

Get a nice profile and pics up on some dating apps and begin messaging and meeting men for a low key coffee. It's better to find someone locally. There's more than one 'soulmate' for you out there but this person was not it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia [Register to see the link]
    I don't go out a lot. I am 45 with 3 kids. We planned for him to spend a week with me in April. Then a week ago he message me that he can't be with me, I don't deserve to be treated with silence.He also blocked me on Facebook and his phone. No contact. I thought of mailing him a card to let him know I'll be waiting at the airport as planned.

5. Thanks SherrySher, Jadzia, Annia thanked for this post
    Jadzia
    Thank you. He is on the other coast. 3 hour time difference. He was going to move to me due to it would be easier to move here.
    I am not ready to date again. I can't even look at men or talk to another man with fear I'll start crying. Which would make me look crazy. I don't want that. I am just not myself anymore. I used to laugh and smile and all I do now is cry.

7. Thanks Wiseman2 thanked for this post
    Jadzia
    Quote Originally Posted by SherrySher [Register to see the link]
    How old is he? Are you sure he's not married? Seeing as you've not met in person you can't say for sure that he isn't married or doesn't have a girlfriend. people online can catfish very easily if for nothing else, out of boredom.

It's very difficult to know for sure what or whom you're dealing with if you've only ever spoke to them from a distance.
    He is 36 and no he is not married. I am 100% confident of that. He has joint custody of his daughter. I understand the cat fishing. I've dealt with it with previous men in my dating last 3 years being single. In which I stopped dating and enjoying life prior to meeting this man.

SherrySher
    I am sincerely sorry then that he did not at least have the decency to give you closure, it was very unfair of him.
    I hope you can find a way to heal from this and to realise that not all men will treat you this badly. Be gentle with yourself and give yourself time.

I am assuming you mean the United States, so because you live far from each other, neither of you ever met in person? (you probably already answered this) but if there was three hours difference than is was not possible to just drive to the other one? (again assuming).
    I just wonder why he spent so much time if he had no intentions of following through with anything.
    I am frustrated for you.

10. Thanks Jadzia thanked for this post
    Jadzia
    Quote Originally Posted by SherrySher [Register to see the link]
    I am sincerely sorry then that he did not at least have the decency to give you closure, it was very unfair of him.
    I hope you can find a way to heal from this and to realise that not all men will treat you this badly. Be gentle with yourself and give yourself time.
    Thank you. This was definitely unexpected and a slap in the face. I never thought he would hurt me so deeply and without an explanation.

Matt3939
    Platinum Member
    I'm sorry this has happened it's 3 months and you guys never met. He unfortunately could be anyone.

At least I'm getting close to why woman cry when they see me. I was getting self conscience.

13. Thanks Jadzia, reinventmyself, Lady Amalthea thanked for this post
    melancholy123
    My guess is this guy is married and his wife found out. Chalk this up to a bad experience and once you've recovered from it, look for someone local that you can actually see and get to know face to face. You did what a lot of people do, you fell for someone you dont really know, never met, and could be a liar or who knows what.

15. Thanks Wiseman2, Jadzia thanked for this post
    Wiseman2
    Agree, especially with this somewhat cryptic message. "his family is stressing him and made him feel like sh*t. He needs time to sort this out on his own"
    Quote Originally Posted by melancholy123 [Register to see the link]
    My guess is this guy is married and his wife found out.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Top Threads
Any ideas for what to do?
So my girlfriend and I are both about to be seniors in high school and we both has desires to last forever with eachother. We've been together for
Should I send a happy birthday text?
I've been in a tricky situation for three years now. I met and fell for a guy who was only visiting my town. We met up and were in touch constantly
Am I asking for a broken heart?
Hi everyone and thanks for reading and responding. I met a guy online and we have been talking for about 6 months now. We have never met in person
Girlfriend moving to China
So I met a girl in University in the UK last year, and we started going out officially in January. She is from Spain and I am from the UK. Both mide
American in LD relationship with Brit w Aspergers.
We have a beautiful time while together but then a few.weeks.after I'm back in the states he stops talking to me all together. He's said it's
Don't know what I should do
My boyfriend and I are doing long distance over the summer. We met at college and fell in love and have been together for about a year. Things were

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
I love you, but I'm not in love with you.
So my fiancÚ of 7.5 years has decided she isn't in love with me anymore so has broken up with me. Our situation is very complicated we have a 2.5
How far should I go with unfriending/blocking on social media?
Hi all, I'm going hard no contact. She originally unfriended me on Snap and Twitter. I recently unfriended her on FB and IG. I also went a step
missing atm
I think what I miss at the moment is having a friend to talk to like we used to. She became the only person I really talked to for the better part
Mum boyfriend inapropriate
Hi everyone, thought i would share an update on whats happened so far. Thankyou all for helping me out yesterday, everything you all said was really
Girlfriend always mad at me
Me and my girlfriend have been togetehr for almost a year. I love her more than anything and i know shes not cheating on me or anything like that
I [F/26] found underwear in my boyfriend's [M/30] pocket.
I've been with my boyfriend for over a year. Recently, my boyfriend asked me to look for some money, so I looked everywhere and I couldn't find it. I
Ex gf text me out of the blue
I guess I just want some feedback and honest replies as my head is completely gone again. Me and my ex gf have been in no contact for a few months
Ask For Advice