I can't feel ok when I'm not dating

marinami

I'm 19, female. English is not my native language, so I'm sorry for typos and stuff.

It has been a long time since I notice that I like people too easily. But now I realized that when I'm completely single, I can't feel ok, and I search for relationships all the time, even if they don't fit too well in my life. And this habit made me get a really broken heart, and I'm tired of get hurt. I really wanted to feel good by myself, feel full instead of feeling a half searching for another half. But I don't know what can I do. I don't pretend to like the boys I date, I really like them and give all of me to the relationship. But I want to learn how can I be self sufficient.

The best thing when dating is to maintain boundaries. Don't over-invest or over-attach yourself and don't look for too much too soon. Take your time and maintain your own life while dating. Don't smother guys or make anyone your whole life. Make sure you have a full life with friends, family, interests, activities, groups, clubs, etc.

and give all of me to the relationship. But I want to learn how can I be self sufficient.

Every one has different needs and personalities and I think some people are just happier when they have a s/o.

That's fine. Jumping into different relationships and experiencing things isn't bad and I think it's a social misconception that doing this is bad.

As long as it's healthy, you're not jumping into toxic relationships, and you're taking care of yourself, I see no problem with it.

Good people can bring out the best in us, and so can good relationships.

I'm 19, female. I really wanted to feel good by myself, feel full instead of feeling a half searching for another half. . But I want to learn how can I be self sufficient.

You are nineteen and still maturing. I can't think of a better time to spend on your own and becoming self sufficient, as you say.

You do so by being on your own and learning to rely on yourself for your own self worth and comfort.

I find it telling that you feel as if you are searching for your other half.

That again is a strong indication to take some time away from dating and work on becoming whole.

Trying to get someone else to fill you up leaves you feeling even more depleted.

Your best chance at a healthy relationship is when you have spent some time working on yourself and in a sense, feeling full.

Dating while you are hungry sets up you up to choose almost anything and not be selective.

Where as, when you are full, you are more selective and trust that you can be self reliant and pass on otherwise not good choices.

Surround yourself with friends, family, hobbies, learn to appreciate your time alone, volunteer, educate yourself.

You are searching for someone to fill you up when the one person that will fill you up was with you all along.

Archived