I dislike life

IWFAAHL

I'm in 8th grade. I'm ugly unathetlci and have three friends there. Of course only one class has them. The rest of my classes make me so sad. I have this crush who's pretty decently popular and athletic. Her crush is the same. I looked at her crush IG cause i was bored and saw he had a birthday party and she came. I was sad Cause I wanted a relationship, either romantic or just friendly with her. We talk maybe once every week if I'm lucky. She barely notices me. But I shook that off. Then I saw pictures of him with all his tons of friends and I broke out crying. I wish I could have his life. no friends no girl ugly not smart have ADHD which causes people to get annoyed at me when I can't shut up. I'm also a hermit cause well I haven nothing to do. No point in having a phone. Not like I get any texts

Hello and welcome to the forum. It sounds like the pictures really shook you up. I'm sorry. I've been there, too. You think that you're prepared, but on the wrong day, sometimes just about anything can send you into a tailspin.

What are some of the things that you do enjoy? Do you have classes or subjects you're especially keen on? How about hobbies?

I know things seem grim right now, mate. But you found us and we're glad you're here. It won't seem like it now, but the days do get brighter.

Be well.

My son felt much like you in 8th grade. He's now 17 and a senior with a nice group of friends and a sweet girlfriend.

Find your tribe. Find like-minded people. They are out there, but you can't stay a hermit if you want to find them. Can you take a chance and get involved in one social event?

Don't pin all your hopes on this one girl, or you may be disappointed. It's okay to have a crush, but keep an eye out for other nice girls as well. Maybe there's a shy girl who feels isolated like you do that you can befriend.

Good luck. Life gets better.

Oh my goodness ADHD has nothing to do with not being smart. My husband has ADHD and is very successful . You just need to find your niche . And grade school and high school don't last forever . I know it's hard to see that now . My husband has a very successful technician( Avionics systems technician ) in the AirForce. ( we are Canadian ) In his trade course he got one of the highest scores the military has seen . Right now he teaches his trade course.

My son has a dual diagnoses of ADHD and autism . He went on to college at 17 .

So I can probably guess that you ARE smart you just need your niche .

Do you have a lot of parental support ? That's very important. Do you have an IEP ? Do you have classes that you excel at?

8th grade is also extremely difficult socially for very many people. It is awkward people are mean . Personally I hated eighth grade . But it does get better .

My son felt much like you in 8th grade. He's now 17 and a senior with a nice group of friends and a sweet girlfriend.

Find your tribe. Find like-minded people. They are out there, but you can't stay a hermit if you want to find them. Can you take a chance and get involved in one social event?

Don't pin all your hopes on this one girl, or you may be disappointed. It's okay to have a crush, but keep an eye out for other nice girls as well. Maybe there's a shy girl who feels isolated like you do that you can befriend.

Good luck. Life gets better.

I know but i feel so connected to her. And sadly, I live like 25min away from my school. I can't just go outside and see people. Honestly if we dated I would feel soo much better. But I know who she likes and she like never talks to me. I just wanna get to adult life where friends are not needed

I'm sure this girl is special, but please don't think that she's the only special person out there to meet and befriend.

Most importantly, there really are connections waiting for you to make between new friends, good teachers, teammates (of every sort, not just athletic - do you have an interest in technology, spelling, debate, etc.? Perhaps look into what groups and activities are available to you through your school and community services) and there *are* going to be people eager to discover just how special YOU are, too!

I'm sure this girl is special, but please don't think that she's the only special person out there to meet and befriend.

Most importantly, there really are connections waiting for you to make between new friends, good teachers, teammates (of every sort, not just athletic - do you have an interest in technology, spelling, debate, etc.? Perhaps look into what groups and activities are available to you through your school and community services) and there *are* going to be people eager to discover just how special YOU are, too!

this one class where I might need a partner I made a friend just good enough to be partners.. my ADHD kicked in and I got annoying I guess. he hates me now. Another class, gym/health. I thought it would be cool bc I saw so many "friends" Nope. everyday, I'm scared of the class because I'm afraid we have to pick partners. Which we do in gym a lot. Oh and in another period I have this friend who I always go with. Great right? Well in gym/health he never picks me and I've even tried to talk to him and he brushes it off. and yeah the girl Is in my gym.Ofc she doesn't like me. seriously wanna drop out. The only stressful part of school is social life.

this one class where I might need a partner I made a friend just good enough to be partners.. my ADHD kicked in and I got annoying I guess. he hates me now. Another class, gym/health. I thought it would be cool bc I saw so many "friends" Nope. everyday, I'm scared of the class because I'm afraid we have to pick partners. Which we do in gym a lot. Oh and in another period I have this friend who I always go with. Great right? Well in gym/health he never picks me and I've even tried to talk to him and he brushes it off. and yeah the girl Is in my gym.Ofc she doesn't like me. seriously wanna drop out. The only stressful part of school is social life.

Are you in therapy? This is in *no* way a criticism or rude question, please know. I'm an enormous proponent of mental health care for everyone to varying degrees and I absolutely include myself, as well.

You're having such a wretched time of it - you might do well having someone at the school, a guidance counselor or social services worker, for instance, to talk to. Does that appeal, at all?

Are you in therapy? This is in *no* way a criticism or rude question, please know. I'm an enormous proponent of mental health care for everyone to varying degrees and I absolutely include myself, as well.

You're having such a wretched time of it - you might do well having someone at the school, a guidance counselor or social services worker, for instance, to talk to. Does that appeal, at all?

I don't trust anyone irl. And telling people this doesn't make me feel better

I don't trust anyone irl. And telling people this doesn't make me feel better

Do you feel remotely comfortable talking to your family? I don't mean to harp, but I truly believe in gathering as much support in as many solid forms as possible.

1.apart from this girl, what are your interests?

2. there are many kids at your school with mental heath problems who are not speaking up about it and some probably put on a brave facade because their disorder isn't as apparent in public, but their struggles may be no lesser. i would talk to a school counselor about psychoeducation. you could ask her help and coaching in creating a peer to peer school support group or a project about destigmatizing disorders and educating your peers about them. many who don't have an actual disorder are shy and socially awkward and probably feel a lot like you when around their peers. you'd switch your role from fragile to advocate, it's tremendously helpful for shy people, myself included.

also, puppies. if you don't have a dog, get in touch with a shelter and your teachers and ask if you could have monthly dog visits at your school. you bring a shelter pup to school (or an extra-curricular activity) for a couple of hours, girls will flock, you'll tell them what the shelter told you about the doggy, the dog has better chances of getting 'dopted and you get to socialize. it may be easier to talk when you're not talking about you but advocating for pooch. many people are shy when it comes to them, but their stress falls off when it's someone else's benefit they're working for.

• 2 years later...

Hey, so I'm the author of this post. 2 years later. I realize I was very wrong than and had issues. And I wish I could tell you it's better now. But it's not that much. I've matured and changed but I'm still sad a lot, I don't have anyone to talk to and I can't talk to girls. Last year, this girl who is cute started sitting on my desk and shoving her butt near my face. In the hallway she hugged me and tried to start a conv but I was so nervous I didn't hug her back or respond. I just froze. That's the last time she's really talked to me. Now I'm pretty sure she wasn't the love of my life or anything but it would have been very nice to have a girlfriend so I could cuddle with her and talk and kiss etc. I still have a low self esteem too and hate myself. I wouldn't say I'm depressed but I'm definitely suffering from low self esteem. Extremely low. If I walk by any girl I instantly think I'm being judged and I get anxiety. I hate my voice my body my social skills. naturally I'm a shy guy but there's a difference between shy and straight up not being able to talk to any girls.

Archived