How can I learn to live alone??

Hi. I'm new here. Hope this is the right place to post it.

I'm a 21 years old man.

Having a girlfriend will never happen to me, neither I think it would be a good idea having one. But this thing about having them in my head almost every second of my days is really creepy.

I do try to keep my mind full with languages, music, comics, games and books, but it still seems not enough for me. I'm always sad and feeling I need someone to take care of me, to be intimate, to go out... and whatever couples do. But I know at the same time, it all would harm me (if it could even happen, because I think I can't actually "love"). Plus, I'm starting to hate women because of their attitude towards men.

If someone knows about anything I could be doing to keep this away from me, please, help me.

Thanks in advance

Do you live at home? What about college and work? Are you attracted to women or do you feel asexual and just want someone to "take care of you"?

I'm always sad and feeling I need someone to take care of me, to be intimate, to go out... and whatever couples do. I'm starting to hate women because of their attitude towards men.
Having a girlfriend will never happen to me, neither I think it would be a good idea having one.

What led you to that conclusion?

Plus, I'm starting to hate women because of their attitude towards men.

That is the starting point to address if you want to have a relationship.

At 21, you are really only discovering yourself still. See how you feel at 25, 30, 35.

Do know that many people remain single for life and as time goes they actually enjoy being a captain of their ship. Being married isn't for everyone.

Hi. I'm new here. Hope this is the right place to post it.

I'm a 21 years old man.

Having a girlfriend will never happen to me, neither I think it would be a good idea having one. But this thing about having them in my head almost every second of my days is really creepy.

I do try to keep my mind full with languages, music, comics, games and books, but it still seems not enough for me. I'm always sad and feeling I need someone to take care of me, to be intimate, to go out... and whatever couples do. But I know at the same time, it all would harm me (if it could even happen, because I think I can't actually "love"). Plus, I'm starting to hate women because of their attitude towards men.

If someone knows about anything I could be doing to keep this away from me, please, help me.

Thanks in advance

You are still only 21. Time is still very much on your side. Relax on that, ok.

Why do you think having a girlfriend would "harm" you?

What led you to that conclusion?

The fact that I can't love people, as I stated?

You are still only 21. Time is still very much on your side. Relax on that, ok.

Why do you think having a girlfriend would "harm" you?

No, I'm 21 and I know what I want

And about the harm, just trivial things, you know...incompreension, betrayal, emocional dependency, fights, having to go out and things like that. =)

The fact that I can't love people, as I stated?

I'm starting to hate women because of their attitude towards men.

When reading the above, together with the rest of your comments, I can only advise you seek professional counseling/therapy to help you figure out the root cause of these issues.

Man I wish I was your age again! Don't sweat it, you're just going through that age where you feel the heat and confusion like every other guy. But don't rush, you'll have lots of opportunities later on.

Feel the heat pushing you to decide

Feel the heat burning you up, ready or not

The girl is at your side, are you gonna do it?

She wants to be your bride, are you gonna do it?

She wants to multiply, are you gonna do it?

I know you won't be satisfied until you do it

Don't do it, just yet. You can easily do it, no matter what you might think now.

And about the harm, just trivial things, you know...incompreension, betrayal, emocional dependency, fights, having to go out and things like that. =)

If you haven't been in a relationship, how would you know? There are over 7 billion people in the world; it's almost inevitable that someone out there understands you, is trustworthy, emotionally independent, non-belligerent, AND fun to hang out with.

By the way, I hope you're not basing your perception of women and relationships off fiction (comics, books, tv, movies...). I recognize your avatar; NGE paints a very twisted view of the world....

If you haven't been in a relationship, how would you know? There are over 7 billion people in the world; it's almost inevitable that someone out there understands you, is trustworthy, emotionally independent, non-belligerent, AND fun to hang out with.

By the way, I hope you're not basing your perception of women and relationships off fiction (comics, books, tv, movies...). I recognize your avatar; NGE paints a very twisted view of the world....

Well, I don't need to put my hands in fire to know they'll get burned. So...

And "fiction" portrays reality.

But don't you worry, I don't take NGE that way.

Archived