kinda confused and need 2nd opinion

metalanddust

hello people, i am new to these boards and i would really appreciate an advice or two.

anyway, i know this girl for like 4 years or so. we started with coffee dates which became bar dates until one night we ended making out. that night i pointed out i was not ready to commit since i recently got out of a previous relationship, or so i thought. anyway, we continued going out on a purely friendly level (like bars, movies etc.) but we never got physical. so this sort of relationship lasted for next year or so and later it kinda faded but we stayed in touch on a friendly level. in the meantime, i was dating other people but we would meet up for a coffee just to catch up.

then 2 summers ago we had a coffee date and as i walked her home i said i wouldn't mind if we were to see each other more often to which she replied that she is already seeing someone and would like to keep things as they are. i totally accepted this and again, we stayed friends. i kept dating other people and i guess she did the same.

since then we would send each other birthday and holiday texts (like really really really light contact) but when i think about now, that was the last time i actually saw her. i did however mentioned couple of times like we should get together sometimes but really just to make it less awkward and to show that i am really fine (which i was) but we never actually got together.

fast forward to today, she sends me a random text which evolves to a coffee date invitation - not like "we should get together sometimes" but more like "can you make it there next wednesday at 7". that random text/coffee date invitation evolved into a texting back and forth for an hour or so from which i concluded that she is having hard time at work which makes me think following (with percentages of being true):

a) she is just being friendly and wants to get together (10%)

b) she has second thoughts on her work and needs some exterior validation to feel good about herself (45% with tendency to go up)

c) she actually might have some romantic intentions and wants to see where could this go (45% with tendency to go down)

...or d)...

thank you so much

She makes it sound more urgent than casual this time, no?

...or d)... she just broke up with someone and wants male company. Do you want to move it past the friendzone at this time?

more like "can you make it there next wednesday at 7".

a) she is just being friendly and wants to get together

b) she has second thoughts on her work and needs some exterior validation to feel good about herself to go up)

c) she actually might have some romantic intentions and wants to see where could this go

She makes it sound more urgent than casual this time, no?

...or d)... she just broke up with someone and wants male company. Do you want to move it past the friendzone at this time?

it didn't sound like a booty call to be honest but it was really straightforward. like, it was more like "would you like to grab some coffee like on wednesday" and not "we shoud get together sometimes somewhere".

actually, i would like to try to have a commited relationship and see where we would go though your version of d) is similar to my b), just the different motive.

Archived