Hi, i will try to make this as short as i can. I am currently in a Ldr with an amazing man. We grew up together, went to school together, kinda lost touch for about 20 years and found each other on Facebook and started talking as friends, catching up on the last 20 years. We are now 42, he's 44.

2.5 years ago he decided to come visit me, and his family as im still in the hometown. We hit it off just like back in high school and decided to try to build a relationship.

My job is much more flexible as i can work from just about any computer, only having to go into the office once or twice each month. He is a city employee, and only gets a certain amount of vacation each year. So for the past 2.5 years ive been traveling to see him 1400 miles away. I have tried to go every month, but def every other month.

He has visited here 3 times as well.

We are now at the point of hating the distance,.i want him to move back here- and he wants me to relocate near him. We both have resp as far as jobs, i have my family here, my aging mother, etc.

Im afraid we are not going to be able to compromise on a location as we are both stuck on where we live currently.

I love to visit him, i love his town. Its much warmer then where im from. I love him very much, and can't imagine life without him anymore. He says he will consider moving closer to my family if i agree to live in his town for a year. I think im afraid to do that, or afraid of the big change. I don't understand why he won't move back here. All his family and many friends are still up here.

I feel like im being pressured to move there. Again, he is an amazing man. Loves me like crazy, puts in so much extra effort to make me feel like he's here everyday with me.

Im hetting ready to go visit him the first week of March and we are always so excited to see each other- but its always so hard to have this conversation with him when i leave him.

Im not sure what to do

Sorry to hear this, it seems you've hit an impasse. Now it's just becoming a tug of war about "who has the better reasons/argument?". You can discuss it to death but that will erode the relationship. Instead enjoy your visit and relax. Vow to yourself you'll take a break from discussing this.

.i want him to move back here- and he wants me to relocate near him. i have my family here, my aging mother, etc. Im afraid we are not going to be able to compromise on a location as we are both stuck on where we live currently. I don't understand why he won't move back here.

Archived