Broke up with my boyfriend but I miss him! Help!

nightdreamer22

Hi everyone

So, me and my ex boyfriend were friends for about three years before we started dating eachother, he was my best friend, we were so close and I felt as if I could share anything with him. We started dating in May 2016 and broke up in the October, due to the fact that our lifestyles at Sixth Form were incredibly busy as a result of the lead up to getting the grades we wanted to get to go to University. Primarily, it's me who tends to be the workaholic, so usually he wanted to see me more often than I felt I could cope with, so I thought it would be beneficial to both of us if I broke it off.

Now, we are still really good friends, but life's only going to become busier at University so we've come to the conclusion that it's extremely unlikely we will ever get back together. I'm trying my absolute hardest to allow him to move on and find someone who can make him really happy, and who he can see as much as he wants, but everytime I see him talking to another girl it drives me crazy!!

My jealousy is not fair on him and I'm trying my best to stop my jealous feelings, after all I was the one who broke it off. It's just we had such a close friendship as well, and I miss talking to him so often and him generally being in my life, the thought of him moving on drives me crazy but I have no right to him anymore.

My heart flutters everytime I get a message from him even though he's my ex, and I haven't asked him but I'm wondering if he's feeling the same way.

So I'm asking you all from the bottom of my heart whether you think I've made the right decision to break up with him, am I just missing being in a relationship or am I missing him in particular?? Will anyone else ever make me feel like this?? And any tips to get over jealousy would be much appreciated because I"m disgusted with myself😥😥

Thank you Xx

If you initiate a breakup it's best to really breakup and not drag things out, string anyone along or react with possessive jealousy.

You need to leave him alone so he can be free and you can do whatever it is you dumped him for. You can't have it both ways. "I dump you, but you belong to me". just doesn't work.

Go no contact and delete and block him from all social media. Leave him alone.

We started dating in May 2016 and broke up in the October. usually he wanted to see me more often than I felt I could cope with, so I thought it would be beneficial to both of us if I broke it off.but everytime I see him talking to another girl it drives me crazy!!

As much as you would like to believe, you two are not 'friends'. You are an X who thinks she is a friend. It is possible for you to be a great friend to your X, but only after the romantic emotional vines that you have attached to him have faded off of him.

Since you two have an egg shell type relationship/friendship, why don't you just say that you are going to step away from the situation until you can be a true friend to him. When you can be truly happy for him being with another lady, then you can reach out to him. If it never happens, then that's okay. Its better than living with jealousy.

Wow that must be tough to break up but still want to be together. But from what I can see you are very level headed and made the right choice for your future.

I agree with Wiseman, Don't string it a long, just breakup completely. Try not to get into weird situations with you and him alone, and try to avoid him best you can!

Archived