I dont know when i will see my girlfriend cuz her parents hate me (ldr)

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. I am a 19M who attends college in California. My s/o, 18F lives near the Pittsburgh area, and attends boarding school in the middle of nowhere, PA. We started dating around a year ago, and initially the relationship went fine with the parents. Over the summer, a particularly awkward situation occurred, and from that moment her parents hated me. They wouldn't let me see her, and tried incredibly hard to convince her to breakup with me. For very specific reasons, they would only let me see her if I drove to the boarding school, and would not allow me to take her home, nor would invite me to the their home. This led to me seeing her only once or twice since August, as our breaks always would line up, meaning she would be at home (where I couldn't see her). At the beginning of the school year, I was somewhat in contact with her mom, who was willing to discuss her issues with me (despite the conflict, and honestly, she was just trying to convince me to breakup with her). Things got complicated, and our communication faded away. I tried reaching out multiple times, but I heard from my gf that her mom didn't want to talk to me anymore. Just to see how things went, I tried to text her dad, and he has ignored my text for a week. The issue at hand is that I have no idea when I will see my loved one next. We are deeply in love, and we don't know what to do. My gf is (because of her parents) going to attend college on the East Coast, which makes things even worse. The thing is, my gf and I are deeply in love with each other, and we are not willing to break up just because one set of parents doesn't approve (my parents don't want to get involved in the drama). The issue is, her parents have complete control over where she is and what she does, especially since she doesn't have a car. She doesn't like it, but she respects her parents and is financially dependent on them. We don't know when we will see each other again, and it hurts so bad. Is there anything we can do? Thank you if you took the time to read and reply with any advice.

You've got the odds stacked against you due to distance and whatever the problems are with her parents. As long as she's dependent on them for money and is in school on their dime, there's not much you can do. I'm sure you dont want to hear this but at your ages the odds of her being The One for you and you being The One for her are not great. You both have so much growing and maturing to do. She obviously listens to and respects her parents so she's not likely to make any waves with them.

If you are really lucky maybe you can talk to one or the other of her folks and make some headway in getting to see her but that's not sounding likely.

Sorry to hear this. Did they catch you having sex?

Why are you in touch with her parents rather than texting, calling or emailing her? Why can't you apply to college on the east coast? Why does she have to come to you?

18F and a particularly awkward situation occurred, and from that moment her parents hated me. For very specific reasons, they would only let me see her if I drove to the boarding school, and would not allow me to take her home. I have no idea when I will see my loved one next.

Archived