Becoming exclusive too soon?

Lotusavx

After a second date with a great guy I met online - we decided that we only want to see each other. We both really like each other and figure what is the point of still dating other people when we really like each other and want to start a relationship. He asked me to be exclusive and I agreed. Is it bad to become exclusive too soon? I deleted my online dating account (plenty of fish) a day after we talked about this. He said he would delete his too. Last I checked, it was still up but he might just be busy or forgot to delete it. After all, he was the one who suggested being exclusive so I don't know why he would (if he is) still be looking.

Since we have become exclusive a few days ago, I am very insecure, how I usually am at the beginning of a new relationship. I am really afraid that they will "change their mind" about wanting a relationship, and the more I like them, and I really like this guy, the more insecure I feel and the more I worry. I haven't shown him any of this insecurity or haven't asked him if he is really sure because I don't want him to think I am insecure or lack confidence sometimes.

Is it too soon to only want to see each other and be exclusive? And how do I stop worrying about him "changing his mind" about things?

This is a good discussion to have prior to sex. Just take it slowly emotionally and don't over-invest or get over-attached. It's just exclusive dating, meaning only seeing and sleeping with each other.

How can you check up on him if your account is deleted? Do you mean it's hidden? As far as changing minds goes, dating is the getting to know you phase, not the plan a wedding phase. Stay confident and enjoy the dating process.

After a second date with a great guy I met online - He asked me to be exclusive and I agreed. I deleted my online dating account plenty of fish. He said he would delete his too. Last I checked, it was still up but he might just be busy or forgot to delete it.

I think it was Greta who always made the point that she only dated one person at a time and didn't tolerate anything different from the person she dated, even if it was a second date. Different strokes for different folks, but while I can understand holding it to yourself not to multi-date, it's never really sat right with me to come to some kind of actual agreement on it so soon. Personally, I'm maybe thinking about exclusivity two months in. Never could imagine after just two dates.

No harm in seeing it out, I suppose. Just pay attention to the signs. I'm sure if his wanting to be exclusive earlier is indeed a red flag as far as pacing goes, more will surface soon enough.

The guy I'm dating won't even bring up relationship talk until a couple months into dating. Why? Because we don't know each other fully yet. He has seen some traits of mine like negatively overthinking and I've seen traits of his. We talk through those issues. But there is still he needs to learn about me and I him.

I don't multi date and neither does he. So you can be exclusively dating this guy but not boyfriend and girlfriend.

Take it slow. I have rushed in the past only to find your trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.

Things can come out that you never saw before in his charictersistics.

Lisa

I am very insecure,

- This, is not a good thing.

One should head into a relationship with positive vibes and not insecurities. This could go down really fast.

What you 'expect' and what he does... is different right off the bat, I see.

His choice whether he removed his profile, hides it, etc.

Your choice to do the same. ( IMO.. I wouldn't have deleted it this fast.. maybe after a month or 3- if still together).

You don't want him to think you are insecure etc.. but, you are! Can only hide this for so long, before YOU start acting out in some negative ways.

Either you NEED some help in this and seek help.. or this may affect all your relationships...

It has only been 2 dates? You two don't even know each other yet...... slow down with high expectations.. don't msg him every 2 hrs.. and take time in letting this grow.

Archived