JaggleBerry

Right, so I'll start by saying that i have had a crush since 7th grade when a new girl came into our class, I was extremely shy, unathletic and pretty boring overall so i never actually did talk to her even though she was nice enough to say hello to me occasionally, i ofcourse said hello back.

Fast forward 4 years now, I managed to overcome a bit of my shyness and ended up chatting like once a month on Facebook, our conversations are never that insightful and long, mostly because I'm still shy and awful at talking to girls. I started going to the gym last year and now I'm pretty fit yet I still feel insecure.

Last summer I just said f**k it and asked her out, I got rejected because she apparently was going out-of-town for the summer, now she's back and yet I didn't try to ask her out again as my shyness has taken the best of me, I really don't feel like failing.

I used to meet her at the bus stop before but now she just doesn't appear at it anymore.

Any advice on what to do in such a situation would be nice.

Continue the convo on fb. Ask her out again, that's all you can do, right? It's better to start now getting used to the occasional rejection, it happens and then you brush it off and move on.

I managed to overcome a bit of my shyness and ended up chatting like once a month on Facebook. Last summer I asked her out, I got rejected because she apparently was going out-of-town for the summer, now she's back and yet I didn't try to ask her out again as my shyness has taken the best of me, I really don't feel like failing.

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

-Wayne Gretzky

Keep trying with FB and texting her, and learn not to let rejection hurt your self-esteem that you are working hard to build. Hope it works out with this girl. If not, just know it's a numbers game, just keep your confidence up...confidence is among the top traits women are looking for in a man, along with a sense of humor. Don't take yourself too seriously.

Archived