Ex made contact - reply?

Hi!

Maybe you can help me with my issue:

My ex and I have been apart for 2 months now. He's since contacted me two times (wishing me the best), I have never replied. He was the one who ended it and I just want to move on. He has now again made contact and wrote something cryptic: "I felt you didn't want to talk. You are clearly upset by me writing. I just hope you're happy and well. And you'll be done with university soon, too! Whoop!"

The last thing I want is that he thinks I'm miserable - because I'm really not. What can I send back that doesn't sound desperate?

Sorry to hear this but this is precisely why the best thing for anyone to do after a breakup is to stay no contact and completely delete and block an ex from everything.

Was he always this egotistical assuming you are a wreck because his magnificent heinie left? Do not bother replying to this self-serving drivel. If he cared so much he wouldn't have broken up.

He has now again made contact and wrote something cryptic: "I felt you didn't want to talk. You are clearly upset by me writing. I just hope you're happy and well. And you'll be done with university soon, too! Whoop!"
Hi!

My ex and I have been apart for 2 months now. He's since contacted me two times (wishing me the best), I have never replied. He was the one who ended it and I just want to move on. He has now again made contact and wrote something cryptic: "I felt you didn't want to talk. You are clearly upset by me writing. I just hope you're happy and well. And you'll be done with university soon, too! Whoop!"

The last thing I want is that he thinks I'm miserable - because I'm really not. What can I send back that doesn't sound desperate?

Honestly - I would not respond to this at all. You say you want to move on. Why care what he thinks? He's just trying to get a reaction out of you, trying to play friendsies. Maybe block his number if the temptation is too great? He asked for space. Now you've given him so much space he doesn't know what to do with it.

Hi!

I replied to my ex and regret it 100%. It was all just a mind game. If I could go back to a week ago, I would have ignored him. I wish I did. If you say you're not miserable and you're happy with where you are, I'd say ignore him.

Wow, what a selfish self-centered ego he has.

I felt you didn't want to talk. You are clearly upset by me writing.

This is clearly worded to try and guilt you into responding. If he really felt that and really meant it, he wouldn't be writing that to you in the first place.

I'm just going to be blunt. Life is not going as good for him as he thought it would when he dumped you or he's decided he needs control over someone and you're it. So now he's going to put in those sly little texts that dig at you as if you're somehow at fault for him dumping you and not leaping immediately at attention the moment he texts you. When he was the one who ended things.

Take another look at what he's saying there. It really translates to, "Oh woe is me, why don't you want to talk me? I'm trying to be your friend here and you are acting unreasonable and selfish just because you don't want to stay in touch with someone who hurt you."

Very manipulative, is that the type of person you think you should be in contact with?

I replied to my ex and regret it 100%. It was all just a mind game. If I could go back to a week ago, I would have ignored him. I wish I did. If you say you're not miserable and you're happy with where you are, I'd say ignore him.

Yeah, I agree. Why you need to prove your ex that you are not miserable? Just keep moving on.

sorry, I don't agree with the other posters. But maybe I just missed the reason why you broke up. You said he ended it? Yet you are happy and it's only been two months? Maybe he was the one who had the guts to pull the plug and you didn't -- and you were unhappy too? I don't know. It usually takes two.

Did you have a significant life together? If so, then I can see someone wanting to remain at least a little friendly (maybe not as much as this guy) -- but you may have mutual friends? Again, sorry if I missed details and am misreading this.

But finally, I don't get the question "what can I send back that doesn't sound desperate" question. To me that sounds like a head-game and you are both playing. If you really are just normally sad the relationship is over, as anyone would be, but ready to move on and actually pretty relieved and happy about that -- and you don't have any unfinished business -- then why don't you just text back something like "thanks, i'm fine, moving on with my life and hope you are doing fine and the same."

Archived