Something wrong with my upper GI tract

I have been having problems with my GI tract and they have gotten worse. My GI doctor doesn't listen and writes me off as simply constipated. So I saw a colorectal surgeon and he ordered this barium enema test.

Well the results came back showing I have very limited mobility in my upper GI tract.

So I don't know if I'll need surgery to correct this?

I see the surgeon on Wednesday.

I just know I'm bloated constantly and eating a larger meal physically hurts.

Lisa

I usually view surgery as a last option. Look up visceral osteopaths in your area or craniosacral osteopaths. They will use manual therapy, along with exercises and lifestyle changes to treat your GI tract. Sounds like the nervous system supplying your GI tract needs firing up a bit. Also, have you been experience stress, depression? These emotional issues can manifest as physical symptoms. Try to deal with the mind and soul whilst also treating the body.

Actually I've been quite happy as of late.

That's a good idea to research those doctors.

It's just I literally without sounding TMI cannot have a full bowel movement and it's getting worse.

The surgeon won't do surgery unless absolutely needed that's what I like about him.

Lisa

I agree with the osteopath option, they are amazing. Also perhaps se se naturopath, they can determine if you have a sensitivity or food intolerance which may be plugging things up. Just an FYI, my horrible GI issues disapeared after eliminating certain foods from my diet after testing and diagnosis by a naturopath, for years medical doctors shrugged off my symptoms and told me they couldn't find anything wrong with me. The osteopath will help get things moving by opening up blockages, but they won't be able to find a root cause. So that's that's I suggest a naturopath

Archived