I long to hear from my mate several times a day

SunshineLove82

Is it anything wrong with wanting to hear from my mate thru out the day? We both work hard but if I carve out time for him I expect the same in return. I have told him this several times and he will call every day but briefly and just randomly which is okay but never consistent. I don't expect for him to call me all day long but I do long to hear his voice. I miss him so much as we don't really get to see each other as he's in another state but always takes pictures and send them you me of his s business and other related things.. I'm just so lonely as he is a decent person but I crave stability and consistency in my life and friendships.

I see as if I got that would be okay I guess at least he was thinking of me although he claims that he does but most women need to hear it 24/7 lol but I am a very affectionate person and I need that.

This has the potential for "burnout."

Be careful...

ETA: After viewing your other thread, it appears this is a LDR and you haven't yet met. That said, I would keep my expectations at a reasonable level.

Erm, Sunshine, is this the fellow who lives in another country?

Not that geography in and of itself is necessarily an issue, but if his calling you and sending you texts and pictures throughout your days is not satisfying enough for you, then..

Do you want it 24/7 or like 5 times a day? They are very different things.

If he doesn't communicate the way you want, you just aren't compatible.

I long to hear his voice like in the morning the evening and at night. Not all day just a brief recap on updating each other thru out the day and keep it moving. I mean I work 3 jobs I'm a single parent etc so communication is very important to me and a must.

Hey there & I'm wondering the same thing as to work am I missing? I'm not quite sure?

No, sorry, Sunshine, I meant that I am not following the op. You wish this chap to contact you several times every day and he does - hence my query to you - what is dismaying you, exactly? I feel like I must have missed a point.

Wanting constant communication could be a bad thing. While it is nice to hear from your SO you should spend your days focusing on work and daily tasks and use the evenings to either catch up on each other's day or meet in person.

If you are constantly texting all day then by the time you meet up you won't have much to talk about.

My last relationship we would skype or text throughout the day and then either see each other or text more that night and I think in a way was a detriment to our relationship long term.

Just my two cents/perspective

Erm, Sunshine, is this the fellow who lives in another country?

Not that geography in and of itself is necessarily an issue, but if his calling you and sending you texts and pictures throughout your days is not satisfying enough for you, then..

Yes this the fellow that lives in another country. His texts are very few and most of the pictures have nothing to do with us. His voice is all I long to hear since we are not close enough right now to see each other regularly. If I didn't care about our friendship I honestly wouldn't care if he called or not but I do.

Wanting constant communication could be a bad thing. While it is nice to hear from your SO you should spend your days focusing on work and daily tasks and use the evenings to either catch up on each other's day or meet in person.

If you are constantly texting all day then by the time you meet up you won't have much to talk about.

My last relationship we would skype or text throughout the day and then either see each other or text more that night and I think in a way was a detriment to our relationship long term.

Just my two cents/perspective

Thanks as much appreciate the different viewpoints. I just feel like going basically all day without talking and then like tonight with him not calling is a bit too much for me. I love communicating with my friends and time will tell if he feels that he same way. He says he loves talking to me but rarely calls? That he would never be too busy for me but I feel differently?

No, sorry, Sunshine, I meant that I am not following the op. You wish this chap to contact you several times every day and he does - hence my query to you - what is dismaying you, exactly? I feel like I must have missed a point.

He does but it's always like in a hurry. If he does not have internet then we are not able to talk or Skype. To call internationally is expensive on both of our ends. So if the WhatsApp that we use is acting up then there's my text messages gone and Skype with him for the day.

Archived