Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 5 months post break up. What can i actually do to get him back?

AbandonedMe

5 months post break up. What can i actually do to get him back?

He broke up 5 months ago. We were together almost 4 years, long distance. I made trouble about nonsense and freaked out because of jeallousy. It drove him away from me. He then found a month later comfort from a coworker and broke up, immediately jumping in a new relationship.

During these 5 months, I kept NC for the most of the time. First contacted him after 2,5 months and had a call with him for half an hour.
    Second contact again 2,5 months later. He didnt pick up the phone and then I asked him why he doesnt want that and he sayd "Because it hurts! okay?" and that he cant do it emotionally and that it is so hard for him, and that I please should not push him otherwise he panics.

I asked about a meeting for some answers and he sayd of course, but he needs time to calm down.

Please no advises that I should move on, concentrate on me etc. I know these things! My concern is not about moving on because that is what I try since five months. My concern is what can I possibly do to raise my chances to get my ex back?

I love this man and I believe it's worth to do aynthing possible for love. The distance is over by now. And I wonder if my ex still could have residual feelings for me. I wonder if I can dig them out gently, but how.

I want him to know that I still love him and I understand we both did mistakes. I dont want to play games. Would a meeting make any sense? Or push him further away? I would not force him but gently ask about a meeting in the nearest future.

Please, anyone?

2. Thanks Mari thanked for this post
    rosephase
    Is he in a relationship?

AbandonedMe
    That's what I am not sure about. He is hiding it since the beginning and kept me on FB and everything and I cant see anything of them. There is one picture of them from the beginning (like 1 day after break up) and he didnt accept it on his FB till today.
    During the first contact on phone he told me he misses me. In the end I asked him if he is still in the relationship and he sayd yes.
    There were recently signs that they arent together anymore but nothing for sure. I cant rely on such signs. And as he didnt want to talk on phone, i couldnt ask him directly.

Wiseman2
    How old is he? Have you been in contact? How would you set up a meeting in person, would you fly to him if he allows it?
    Quote Originally Posted by AbandonedMe [Register to see the link]
    He broke up 5 months ago. I dont want to play games. Would a meeting make any sense?

AbandonedMe
    We are both 30. We had contact two times during five months. I dont need to fly, we live in the same city by now.

AbandonedMe
    I actually thought about asking him to come over for dinner. But dont know if that would be too pushy.

rosephase
    He told you he panics when you push him. I think that is a really really good sign you shouldn't push him. Give him space. If he wants to talk or wants to see you he knows how to get a hold of you. What makes you think he would want you back if you drove him away?

AbandonedMe
    Because the decision was very very hard for him (he told me) and I know he loved me a lot. I hope his feelings for me were burried because of the heated argument we had. It was by far the worst argument we ever had...and I insulted him badly, which I apologized for of course. I know I dont have any chance at all if his new relationship works out better for him. But I don't just want to give up. I would regret if I'd know I wouldn't have done anything possible to raise my chances get him back.

AbandonedMe
    So I should just give him space you think? For me, it is weird that he asked for more time "to calm down", even though 5 months passed already.
    I am maybe too unpatient? But I kind of feel like nothing will ever happen if I dont take any initiative. And I know he feels super guilty.

AbandonedMe
    Would it be weird if I'd ask him directly if he still is in the relationship?

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Top Threads
No contact help
It's been 2 weeks since we broke up. My heart is still as broken as it was on the first day. I've tried doing stuff to distract me but nothing helps
Advice please on the best way to respond to first contact from an ex after years
Hi, I would like some advice on how to respond to an ex who just got in touch with me about 2.5 years after we broke up. She broke up with me, I
A week of no contact and I want her back
It's been a week of no contact, 4 years together and go to the same church. Should I contact her? It was not really mutual she broke up with me for
Opinions on risky text message
To keep things simple, my ex and I broke up 6 weeks ago, after near 4 years together. I'm 19 she's almost 21. It came as a shock to me, even though
6 year relationship ended...no cheating involved.
Started dating in our final year of high school. Survived college and work together but then got too comfortable. I may have taken her for granted
Hurting...and scared
Hi everyone, I apologize ahead of time for this incredibly long post but for everyone to truly understand the situation, I felt it was necessary
Seeking closure and wanting my ex back.
I'm looking for some closure on my breakup and feel my ex and I can get back together after we both get our life back on track anyway Here goes

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
Dating younger guy 24 years difference
I am 50 yrs old dating a 26 yrs old guy. We been dating each other for a couple months things are great between us. He told me he will always be
Boyfriend gets very angry if I mention his ex, is this normal?
Hi everyone! My boyfriend and I have been dating for almost 5months. He broke up with his ex and a year and a half ago. 7 months after they
Should I let my boyfriend stay overnight with his friends?
Hi there. Firstly thank you for reading this post. I am a new member to this forum, and also will soon be new immigrant of the UK so basically there
Is this abuse?
Iím desperate for some advice. Iíve been with my partner for nearly 2 years and everything has been ok, except from when he drinks. I really do not
Is there hope for me?
Me and my girlfriend of two years had been talking about moving in together lately. We didn't actually go look at any place in person, but browsed a
Bringing up trust issues at the start of a new relationship? My situation...
Haven't been on these boards since my last break up a couple years ago, and here I am about to begin a new relationship with feelings from the last
Whats my next move - Dating a girl fresh out of a relationship
Hey guys, So heres the deal. Met a girl in class and I asked her out. Her answer was "maybe" because she didn't want to say no to me but just
Ask For Advice