Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 5 months post break up. What can i actually do to get him back?

AbandonedMe

5 months post break up. What can i actually do to get him back?

He broke up 5 months ago. We were together almost 4 years, long distance. I made trouble about nonsense and freaked out because of jeallousy. It drove him away from me. He then found a month later comfort from a coworker and broke up, immediately jumping in a new relationship.

During these 5 months, I kept NC for the most of the time. First contacted him after 2,5 months and had a call with him for half an hour.
    Second contact again 2,5 months later. He didnt pick up the phone and then I asked him why he doesnt want that and he sayd "Because it hurts! okay?" and that he cant do it emotionally and that it is so hard for him, and that I please should not push him otherwise he panics.

I asked about a meeting for some answers and he sayd of course, but he needs time to calm down.

Please no advises that I should move on, concentrate on me etc. I know these things! My concern is not about moving on because that is what I try since five months. My concern is what can I possibly do to raise my chances to get my ex back?

I love this man and I believe it's worth to do aynthing possible for love. The distance is over by now. And I wonder if my ex still could have residual feelings for me. I wonder if I can dig them out gently, but how.

I want him to know that I still love him and I understand we both did mistakes. I dont want to play games. Would a meeting make any sense? Or push him further away? I would not force him but gently ask about a meeting in the nearest future.

Please, anyone?

2. Thanks Mari thanked for this post
    rosephase
    Is he in a relationship?

AbandonedMe
    That's what I am not sure about. He is hiding it since the beginning and kept me on FB and everything and I cant see anything of them. There is one picture of them from the beginning (like 1 day after break up) and he didnt accept it on his FB till today.
    During the first contact on phone he told me he misses me. In the end I asked him if he is still in the relationship and he sayd yes.
    There were recently signs that they arent together anymore but nothing for sure. I cant rely on such signs. And as he didnt want to talk on phone, i couldnt ask him directly.

Wiseman2
    How old is he? Have you been in contact? How would you set up a meeting in person, would you fly to him if he allows it?
    Quote Originally Posted by AbandonedMe [Register to see the link]
    He broke up 5 months ago. I dont want to play games. Would a meeting make any sense?

AbandonedMe
    We are both 30. We had contact two times during five months. I dont need to fly, we live in the same city by now.

AbandonedMe
    I actually thought about asking him to come over for dinner. But dont know if that would be too pushy.

rosephase
    He told you he panics when you push him. I think that is a really really good sign you shouldn't push him. Give him space. If he wants to talk or wants to see you he knows how to get a hold of you. What makes you think he would want you back if you drove him away?

AbandonedMe
    Because the decision was very very hard for him (he told me) and I know he loved me a lot. I hope his feelings for me were burried because of the heated argument we had. It was by far the worst argument we ever had...and I insulted him badly, which I apologized for of course. I know I dont have any chance at all if his new relationship works out better for him. But I don't just want to give up. I would regret if I'd know I wouldn't have done anything possible to raise my chances get him back.

AbandonedMe
    So I should just give him space you think? For me, it is weird that he asked for more time "to calm down", even though 5 months passed already.
    I am maybe too unpatient? But I kind of feel like nothing will ever happen if I dont take any initiative. And I know he feels super guilty.

AbandonedMe
    Would it be weird if I'd ask him directly if he still is in the relationship?

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Top Threads
Ex looks at my Instagram stories even when we don't follow one another.
So I made a post yesterday about this issue numerous people told me to contact her and reach out which I did. My ex of four years had to of been
Been almost two and a half months nc.
(Please fully read) So a little update on my recent breakup, I've had this girl for 4 years we loved each other. We then broke up because well I
confused? help what is he doing/thinking?
hi- long story short. i had broken up with my boyfriend of a year approx 4 months ago. it hasnt really been a true break-up, where as we still
She left, came back and left again. Do we still have a chance after this?
Hi everyone, I am 37 and she is 25. We met at work one year ago. We work in different departments so I see her rarely if me or her don't aim to
How do you feel when you ex sleep with someone else
I came to this forum to try and find someone in a similar situation as me, and see what people thing about this situation, and there are many similar
Slept with my ex and now i'm not sure whats next...
Me and my ex gf split up 3 months ago, she decided to leave me and stated she wasn't in love with me anymore. Before we split I was in a difficult
4 years down the drain
Me and my girlfriend was together 4 years we argued we fought but always stayed together it was never as bad but most nights we would sleep without

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
I didnt know this was cheating until i saw how much it hurt him
So my boyfriend and I have been together 8 months. It's been pretty close to perfect over all until last weekend. We trusted each other before this
Interview Vibes
Hello, eNA! I have posted a few times about my career search - thank you all for the help! I've been having a lot more luck lately and have four
Ex from seven years ago married
My ex from seven years got married in November 2016 he began dating this girl eight months after dumping me.hiw have I found this out? By the
❌Did i just get stood up????❌
A few weeks ago this guy and i started texting. It was a pretty instant interest right from the start, on both ends. He kept telling me how
HELP My boyfriend blocked me after an argument
Almost 3 weeks ago me and my (EX) boyfriend that ive been seeing for about a year had a huge explosive and petty fight over him being selfish/ self
My wife has zero trust in me
So we have been married for about 8 months now, everything was fine prior to marriage. From the day we got married to today, it has been a living
21, in a relationship and sexually frustrated
I'm 21 (female) and I'm dating a 28 year old. Ive had my round of men before him so I know exactly what I like during sex and he's PERFECT. But what
Ask For Advice