Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 5 months post break up. What can i actually do to get him back?

AbandonedMe

5 months post break up. What can i actually do to get him back?

He broke up 5 months ago. We were together almost 4 years, long distance. I made trouble about nonsense and freaked out because of jeallousy. It drove him away from me. He then found a month later comfort from a coworker and broke up, immediately jumping in a new relationship.

During these 5 months, I kept NC for the most of the time. First contacted him after 2,5 months and had a call with him for half an hour.
    Second contact again 2,5 months later. He didnt pick up the phone and then I asked him why he doesnt want that and he sayd "Because it hurts! okay?" and that he cant do it emotionally and that it is so hard for him, and that I please should not push him otherwise he panics.

I asked about a meeting for some answers and he sayd of course, but he needs time to calm down.

Please no advises that I should move on, concentrate on me etc. I know these things! My concern is not about moving on because that is what I try since five months. My concern is what can I possibly do to raise my chances to get my ex back?

I love this man and I believe it's worth to do aynthing possible for love. The distance is over by now. And I wonder if my ex still could have residual feelings for me. I wonder if I can dig them out gently, but how.

I want him to know that I still love him and I understand we both did mistakes. I dont want to play games. Would a meeting make any sense? Or push him further away? I would not force him but gently ask about a meeting in the nearest future.

Please, anyone?

2. Thanks Mari thanked for this post
    rosephase
    Is he in a relationship?

AbandonedMe
    That's what I am not sure about. He is hiding it since the beginning and kept me on FB and everything and I cant see anything of them. There is one picture of them from the beginning (like 1 day after break up) and he didnt accept it on his FB till today.
    During the first contact on phone he told me he misses me. In the end I asked him if he is still in the relationship and he sayd yes.
    There were recently signs that they arent together anymore but nothing for sure. I cant rely on such signs. And as he didnt want to talk on phone, i couldnt ask him directly.

Wiseman2
    How old is he? Have you been in contact? How would you set up a meeting in person, would you fly to him if he allows it?
    Quote Originally Posted by AbandonedMe [Register to see the link]
    He broke up 5 months ago. I dont want to play games. Would a meeting make any sense?

AbandonedMe
    We are both 30. We had contact two times during five months. I dont need to fly, we live in the same city by now.

AbandonedMe
    I actually thought about asking him to come over for dinner. But dont know if that would be too pushy.

rosephase
    He told you he panics when you push him. I think that is a really really good sign you shouldn't push him. Give him space. If he wants to talk or wants to see you he knows how to get a hold of you. What makes you think he would want you back if you drove him away?

AbandonedMe
    Because the decision was very very hard for him (he told me) and I know he loved me a lot. I hope his feelings for me were burried because of the heated argument we had. It was by far the worst argument we ever had...and I insulted him badly, which I apologized for of course. I know I dont have any chance at all if his new relationship works out better for him. But I don't just want to give up. I would regret if I'd know I wouldn't have done anything possible to raise my chances get him back.

AbandonedMe
    So I should just give him space you think? For me, it is weird that he asked for more time "to calm down", even though 5 months passed already.
    I am maybe too unpatient? But I kind of feel like nothing will ever happen if I dont take any initiative. And I know he feels super guilty.

AbandonedMe
    Would it be weird if I'd ask him directly if he still is in the relationship?

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Top Threads
Long Distance break up but I just want him back
Hi all this is my first post and I would really appreciate some advice and insight as I am hurting pretty bad and I am trying to cling to the hope of
Back Together with My Ex After More Than a Year.
So I'd like to share with you my tale of reconciliation. A little background - ex and I dated from around April 2015 to Feb 2016 (10 months). We had
My boyfriend broke up due to the feelings to his longterm internet best friend
I live in the Netherlands. I found the perfect guy on a dating website .... more perfect that I could have imagined. We were together 2 months. It
Advice: I broke up a great relationship
Hi, 3 weeks ago I broke up with ex girlfriend of 8 months. For the most part all had gone smoothly, we had simmilar values, outlook on life, we
What next?
So the 30 plus days of NC was broken by a skype call from my ex's daughter. I hadn't spoken to her in months so I couldn't refuse and it was nice to
Questions for anyone who got back with their ex
I've asked this before but I thought I would seek more concrete answers because I'm curious. Those who have gotten back with an ex, how in the
To remain in the picture or vanish completely?
I have read stories that the dumpee remained in the picture of the dumper, and it caused panic with the dumperís new lover, which in turn made the

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
Where do you draw the line? GF's and guy friends
[SIZE=3][FONT=Helvetica]Hey guys, need some quick help on this one. Please help [/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica] [/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica]Yesterday my GF says
OMG he has a wedding date.
All, A couple of years ago, I dated a guy. There were things that were amazing but also horrible. A little over a year ago, we reconnected. He
HELPPP!!! Boyfriend broke up with me out of the blue
hi. REALLY REALLY NEED SOME ADVICE AND HELP. my boyfriend recently broke up with me out of the blue and we were dating for 2.5 years. everything was
Why does this bother me so much?
Hey guys. So gf of 7 years has left me for another guy again long story short and some of you know the long. So I did the unhealthy habit of looking
My girlfriend of 3 years just told me she is polyamorous
I have no idea how to feel about it. She assured me she didn't want to force it on me and could live monogamously with me but the thought of
Dealing with inconsiderate, selfish people from dawn till dusk.
Not sure if this is posted in the right place, but here it is. Lately my life seems to be about dealing with people who are inconsiderate. From
Toxic relationship // venting
Sometimes writing everything out helps me get a better understanding of certain situations. I'm sorry for the long post, I do want some advice, but
Ask For Advice