Business Proposal From Ex's Best Friend -What To Do?

One of my ex best friend proposed me a business that I cannot resist but going through the cons of it I'm really confused of what to do.

As I mentioned before, I graduated with my master and still owe more than original balance due to me concentrating to help my ex on her financial needs. (She didn't appreciate this, she just left me to be with baby daddy as he is more financially stable than I)

The pros of accepting this offer is that It will help me to pay off my balance.

The cons of it is that my ex will know about my personal life and interacting with her best friend is a way of indirectly getting to her, which I don't want her to think that I'm doing this to come to her.

I have other ways to make this business with other people, but it will take more time until the offer comes. I have come so far to staying away from her that I really don't want this to affect me negatively. As I told her before, my happiness and peace doesn't have a price.

What you guys think? should I go with this offer or reject it? I told her that we will talk in person but I've been thinking to say no in a professional way and not meeting as again I don't want my ex thinking I want to get her back by getting close to her friends.

I like to keep a positive attitude with people's business ventures and wish them the best, but working with ex-friends or even best friends, it has more likelihood for conflict and issues.

I would take your time and really working through the what-if scenarios before you decide.

This could be a good road for you, or disastrous.

Are they still best friends? That would be the first question to ask. Second would be what prompted this offer exactly. Is this a topic that has been previously discussed between the two of you or did she come out of the blue with it.

I think before making any decisions, you actually need to talk more and have more information.

Are they still best friends? That would be the first question to ask. Second would be what prompted this offer exactly. Is this a topic that has been previously discussed between the two of you or did she come out of the blue with it.

I think before making any decisions, you actually need to talk more and have more information.

Yes, they are still best friends. Yes, we've talked about this previously. I just feel that is not appropriate to have business with someone so close to her. Exactly today, she send my best friend a video that reminded her of me.

No way I would use the friend to get to her, but I don't want her to know about my personal life. But at the same time she will know that I'm out of debt and that I'm doing things for me. I really don't know what to do.

No way I would use the friend to get to her, but I don't want her to know about my personal life. But at the same time she will know that I'm out of debt and that I'm doing things for me. I really don't know what to do.

I'm totally with you not wanting her to know about your personal life - any of it. So what if she knows you're out of debt? It's none of her business - but it will be difficult to maintain your privacy while you're working so closely with her friend.

Start somewhere else, with a clean slate, and put all this behind you.

I'll go against the grain here. I'm really not seeing the big deal. I'd simply keep matters strictly professional. But you know your ex and his friend better than any of us do. If either is the type to be dramatic over this kind of thing, then obviously nix the idea.

I made a decision and decided not to do it. I don't even follow her friends on Facebook, have them as friend but unfollowed them so I don't see anything related to her. So me accepting a business is way worst and damaging for me. I may lose a good opportunity but I deserve peace,which nothing can buy. Thank you all.

Archived