Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My Christmas

RainyCoast
    Something like:

- You know what. I know my fault. I have been too good and only good. That's my fault.
    - Oh, I'm like that, too. I've been nothing but good.
    - Me, too, me, too. I've only been good. Just too good.
    - Oversensitive, yes, they are oversensitive.
    - And catty.
    - And always depressed.
    - And mine has really terrible hair.
    - Mine, too, what's that bun!
    - Always trying to start a fight with me.
    - BUT.....
    - BUT....
    - Oh, we are twins, triplets : )
    - Oh, I'm so happy we have found each other. I knew there was something wrong with my child
    lol!!! i'm so glad i didn't have coffee in my mouth when i read this.

Hollyj
    Platinum Member
    I'm surprised you didn't blow up sooner.

Is there any way you can stay with the other family members, if you decide to return?

Jibralta
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zeino [Register to see the link]
    It's a bit like gray rocking one's parent, isn't it? In a kinder, more personalized way maybe. (It has taken me a long time to achieve the "kind" bit and I still fail sometimes. But nowadays I feel like I don't have to be perfect in this.) But my mother is super self-sufficient and solitary at the same time. She is obsessed about privacy, which helps

If my own actions were given to me as a list some years ago and if I was told that these would be my interaction with my mother, I would think this was a horrible relationship - no intimacy whatsoever. But now that I grieved over that and have come to accept that she has never been the person I would choose as a mother, I'm OK with these. (She will not be that person under different circumstances, either.) And these things have relaxed our relationship a bit, which I could never ever guess - but yes, there is a reason. As an adult, seeing and accepting that reason (her existence) empowers me and puts my control in the right place - what I can do instead of expecting her to change.
    Yup, that's how it is. Once I recognized these things as limitations in her character, it became easier for me to deal with her. Also, the fact that my sister is usually hundreds of miles away these days also makes it easier--she's my mom's guardian against all things me. It's much easier to deal with them separately. It's not what I would have chosen for myself, but it is what it is.

4. Thanks zeino thanked for this post
    Jibralta
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zeino [Register to see the link]
    - You know what. I know my fault. I have been too good and only good. That's my fault.
    - Oh, I'm like that, too. I've been nothing but good.
    - Me, too, me, too. I've only been good. Just too good.
    - Oversensitive, yes, they are oversensitive.
    - And catty.
    - And always depressed.
    - And mine has really terrible hair.
    - Mine, too, what's that bun!
    - Always trying to start a fight with me.
    - BUT.....
    - BUT....
    - Oh, we are twins, triplets : )
    - Oh, I'm so happy we have found each other. I knew there was something wrong with my child
    Hilarious!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Top Threads
dilemma over inviting sisters partner to wedding
Hi everyone Just seeking some advice hopefully which will be free of judgement. I am in a really difficult situation. My sister is a lesbian and
Overly-conservative parents + coping with bullying
I'm 19 and I am about to leave for university in a week. I just got into a major fight with my mother about something so stupidly irrelevant to this
How can I make my mom see a doctor?
Hi all, I'm a bit desperate and seeking all the advice I can get. My mom has been quite sick lately, to the point where she doesn't go to work
Well i was expecting to have a nice weekend with the family out of town but.....
It didnt turn out that way:( We travel to busch gardens for the weekend in VA and things was great on Friday when we arrived and all day Saturday
Hard forgiving people who gave birth to me
Hi there, I'm 22 years old I have been going through a lot. I don't know where to start at all since I'm writing this. When I was growing up I

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
My boyfriend doesn't text me as much anymore?
My boyfriend would text me everyday all day and now he won't text me first anymore or at all sometimes. Last night he stopped replying to my text so
Is she the rebound
If he leaves a 17 year relationship to date his High School Sweetheart from 32 years ago, is she a rebound ?
I want to break NC after almost 2 months to invite my ex gf to a concert
We have been in NC for almost 2 months after being together for 6 years. She stopped responding to a text i sent her. I saw she was interested in
Online dating, and why it doesn't work well for most men
We discussed this before, and for some reason people got personal and mean about it. So I have no intention of returning to this thread, but I wanted
PLEASE HELP, boyfriend talks to mom 4-5 times per day, very odd relationship....
Hi guys, Always been hesitant to post my personal business online. Anyways... here it goes... So my boyfriend is amazing...(just to throw this
Hurtful joking
My bf jokes about things that are very hurtful. Today was probably one of the most hurtful. He tried to grab my breasts and he does this a lot. He's
He dumped me and won't return my stuff
So I was seeing a guy for a short amount of time. Out of the blue....he blocked me? Fair enough, I get the message, I think it's rude but
Ask For Advice