Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My Christmas

RainyCoast
    Something like:

- You know what. I know my fault. I have been too good and only good. That's my fault.
    - Oh, I'm like that, too. I've been nothing but good.
    - Me, too, me, too. I've only been good. Just too good.
    - Oversensitive, yes, they are oversensitive.
    - And catty.
    - And always depressed.
    - And mine has really terrible hair.
    - Mine, too, what's that bun!
    - Always trying to start a fight with me.
    - BUT.....
    - BUT....
    - Oh, we are twins, triplets : )
    - Oh, I'm so happy we have found each other. I knew there was something wrong with my child
    lol!!! i'm so glad i didn't have coffee in my mouth when i read this.

Hollyj
    Platinum Member
    I'm surprised you didn't blow up sooner.

Is there any way you can stay with the other family members, if you decide to return?

Jibralta
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zeino [Register to see the link]
    It's a bit like gray rocking one's parent, isn't it? In a kinder, more personalized way maybe. (It has taken me a long time to achieve the "kind" bit and I still fail sometimes. But nowadays I feel like I don't have to be perfect in this.) But my mother is super self-sufficient and solitary at the same time. She is obsessed about privacy, which helps

If my own actions were given to me as a list some years ago and if I was told that these would be my interaction with my mother, I would think this was a horrible relationship - no intimacy whatsoever. But now that I grieved over that and have come to accept that she has never been the person I would choose as a mother, I'm OK with these. (She will not be that person under different circumstances, either.) And these things have relaxed our relationship a bit, which I could never ever guess - but yes, there is a reason. As an adult, seeing and accepting that reason (her existence) empowers me and puts my control in the right place - what I can do instead of expecting her to change.
    Yup, that's how it is. Once I recognized these things as limitations in her character, it became easier for me to deal with her. Also, the fact that my sister is usually hundreds of miles away these days also makes it easier--she's my mom's guardian against all things me. It's much easier to deal with them separately. It's not what I would have chosen for myself, but it is what it is.

4. Thanks zeino thanked for this post
    Jibralta
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zeino [Register to see the link]
    - You know what. I know my fault. I have been too good and only good. That's my fault.
    - Oh, I'm like that, too. I've been nothing but good.
    - Me, too, me, too. I've only been good. Just too good.
    - Oversensitive, yes, they are oversensitive.
    - And catty.
    - And always depressed.
    - And mine has really terrible hair.
    - Mine, too, what's that bun!
    - Always trying to start a fight with me.
    - BUT.....
    - BUT....
    - Oh, we are twins, triplets : )
    - Oh, I'm so happy we have found each other. I knew there was something wrong with my child
    Hilarious!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Top Threads
Possible CPS call? Boyfriend disagrees.
Had a recent visit with my partner's family and things have really taken a turn for the worse for them. The toilet/water AGAIN wasn't working for a
HELP! My mother won't take no for an answer!
My mother and I have just bought a house together for me and my partner to move into. So after we have decorated, I have told her we will take her

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
Heard my ex-boyfriend having sex
Please please please help me. Tonight I heard my ex boyfriend having sex with another woman and I'm totally gutted and sick inside. Unfortunately
Advice married man
I am 38 yrs old 2 kids ( 8 and 17) I was in a relationship with my ex for 21 years and things ended. Fast forward 6 months I met a wonderful man who
I have an experiment on how to attact
I often hear lately that women and men want the exact same things and are attracted to the exact same things. I don't believe this one bit, so I
My boyfriend said I have nothing to offer?
He told me I have nothing to offer other than sex. He called me a nobody even though I am going to school and have a part time job. What does he mean
What do I do HELP.
Ive dated this girl for just over two years our relationship started off great. We were in love and I could see myself marrying this girl. A few
5 years later with silent treatment
I am 44 yr old woman with someone 6yrs younger. I was taken to an emergency hospital 2 weeks ago with suspected stroke..he left me at the door of
Help... I'm driving myself crazy.
So my ex and I have been broken up for 4 months. We have had no contact in four months. He blocked me on Facebook immediately after the breakup. Last
Ask For Advice